Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Easter weekend is busy. Hoping to find 20 min to type mine up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So I'll push the next post to tuesday. Should give ever body time and keep us on track. Hope you all had a good holiday!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Next post is up. Please tell me here what you plan to do. I will tell you what you see and you can craft your post. Try to keep it in character and a bit more specific than

"What do I see?"

Also while I enjoy you guys interjecting your character and adding interactions to the story please refrain from adding personal dialogue with key characters I add during the actual adventures. I don't mind banter with minor characters, but main plot characters are a bit difference. You still don't know what/who they truly are, and discovering these things is a key part of the adventure.

I think this is the best way to handle all posts. Keeps the actual thread much more narritive.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Don't think any of us added any significant dialogue with NPCs. We mostly talked to each other during the intro scene, most ignored the coachman or simple made a remark instead of starting a conversation and anything potentialy shouted at the bad guy was just that, shouted at. Besides, I think the format of playing by post doesn't allow for dialog, especially with 6 people playing. That's better left for tabletop gaming.

Back to the game, oh boy they stuff we've missed out on (robed figures in the circle, open graves, gold feather, marked trees with offerings) before reaching the clearing. Can we look into that with various Perception/Knowledge etc checks or should we pass it up and post directly what we want our characters to do while standing out of the building?

Lvl 65 Multitasker

knowledge history roll 2 + 7 = 9 

does Elora know this scene, can she place the story. I would imagine that if she can she will begin humming a song about it and share any relevant details. If not she will study the carvings as much as she can while approaching slowly. also I think there was a script on the pillars at the front of the path, is it in Common, Elven, Gnomish or Sylvan so she can read it?

Basically her approach will be to observe and try to learn more. She's far more interested in the stories told in the art than in rushing to the path or door.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Raider, as always you can interact/add to any part of the post. So you can do quick checks on the bodies and stuff, but know that time relevant things will most likely fail.

And about adding dialogue. It was super late and I was super beat. So it didn't maybe come across the way I wanted. I just wanted to remind you guys that things may not always be as they seem. Or maybe they are. Lol.

In other news I overslept and have to hurry to get to the gym.

LOL I remember that post of Cn3wton jumping rope in his driveway!

You better be at the gym, CN!

I am curious about the old fella, but the narrative CN did made conversation difficult at best. I think I wrote about him so I could refer back to things I may have noticed about him. He's on Flo's mind, even if it is on some back burner! haha

Okay, gonna go read the next plot post!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

knowledge history roll 2 + 7 = 9 

does Elora know this scene, can she place the story. I would imagine that if she can she will begin humming a song about it and share any relevant details. If not she will study the carvings as much as she can while approaching slowly. also I think there was a script on the pillars at the front of the path, is it in Common, Elven, Gnomish or Sylvan so she can read it?

Basically her approach will be to observe and try to learn more. She's far more interested in the stories told in the art than in rushing to the path or door.

The scene seems to spark some recollection, perhaps something she heard back in Harglenn. Though she doesn't know any songs about it or much detail. Approaching the carving slowly goes fine, though you cant discern anything not readily apparent.

The script says "He who would carry their burden may open the way." You get the sense that certain members of the group may recognize/have some insight into the sculpture and its meaning.

Ok so since this is a non combat post I can reply to everyones actions as soon as they post. So there is no need to wait for everyone to post.

I feel like if everyone posts everything they want to search for, we'll be going back and forth which in turn kinda messes up the narrative, so I'll post my questions/intentions here, get the answers and make a post including the results. Sounds better that way.

Bacon will check the robed figures, the scene has "ritual" written all over it. He'll check for any obvious symbols (holy, unholy, cult, arcane etc) or items (amulets, rings etc) that might give him a hint, but I guess he has no extra time to search the bodies for tattoos or something like that. He'll also be interested in the way they seem to have died. After all this, he'll try and check if it rings any bells as to the nature of the ritual and what might have happened.

Passing by the 5 open graves, he'll try to remember if the robed figures were 5 as well and think of a connection. Probably make up a story about some folks burned at the stake and coming back from the grave for revenge (Anyone read/played the Witchfire Trilogy?)

The gold feather is especially intriguing and Bacon will want to examine it. Might it be from a phoenix? A roc? A llamasu? A golden swallow carrying a coconut?

Other than that, I love the mystery of visions, inscriptions and strange glowing balls of blue energy, but I'll have to think that stuff through before posting

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

The amulet is the only thing truly visible on the body. They seem to be mummified, and killed by fierce blows from a mighty weapon.

There where only 4 dead robed figures. It's somewhat threatening that there are 5 members of the party.

Bacon isn't quite certain what type of bird the feather I'd from, though he believes it to be a good omen.

The script says "He who would carry their burden may open the way." You get the sense that certain members of the group may recognize/have some insight into the sculpture and its meaning.

Can Bronan see and read this? and...

The group moves to a nearby pedestal where two figures stand just a few feet apart, cast from stone. Upon their shoulders they support a large post. Extending from the pedestal a slightly raised path leads to the great doorway flanked by the mighty pillars. It is estimated to be at least 50 strides from the statues to the doorway. Upon the pedestal is an inscription.

Is the post pick-upable? Also, please describe the post a bit more so I can tell how Bronan is going to pick it up and walk with it.

1423029247970.jpg

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Pig-Carry.jpg

?

wpid-Bhutan-Strongman-Competition-0711-1

?

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

You've got it exactly gainsdalf. Imagine the statues are apart just enough for bronan to stand between. You can then carry it on your shoulders by starting in a squat position and picking it off their shoulders.

Bronan also recognizes this as a classic test of strength, something he often participated in.

Thurindor has a passing intrigue of the ritual as well and wonders if it was made for arcane reasoning, but does not wander off to the site if the group continues heading forward.

Knowledge (Arcane): 23 (16 rolled +7)

Depending on what he learns, he will keep the information he gleans to himself.

The vision and the statue provide some history as well that Thurindor racks his brain against trying to relate the history and location to a specific event.

Knowledge (Geography): 10 (3 rolled +7)

Knowledge (History): 22 (15 rolled +7)

Knowledge (Nobles): 26 (19 rolled +7) [Assuming nobility was involved with the event, what nobles where involved, what started the conflict, who the vision was centered on]

What information he is able to remember he will pass along to the party along with the text, if he is able to read it (Common, Sylvan, Draconic, Elvin, or Goblin)

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

Flo sees the dried husks of the robed ones and wonders how the corpse of the woman fits into this. (Intelligence: 16+1)

At the gravesite, she will try to decipher if the open graves fit the same sizes as her group or does this give further evidence that the woman has been exhumed and possibly being set up to be resurrected? (Intelligence 10+1)

The light perks her interest and will try identify it as will-o-wisps or something to that affect. As it speeds along to the door, she will watch for any absorption into the door or if it just dissipates quickly giving the illusion of passing through the door. (perception: 18)

Flo will check out the other pillars and figures, if any. (appraise: 10)

Also, she will try to imagine the ruined city, in the vision, sitting atop where they are now or if this was the new settled land. She will think about all the man's moves and try to get a sense of his motive. (sense motive: 21)

She will think about these things while she searches for secret, concealed and other such possible entrances. (perception: 22)

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Thurindor is able to determinethatthe ritual was an attempt at sacrafice, but cannot tell the purpose. He is able to tell through his knowledge of geography that the land depicted in the vision is not this location. He also knows that local nobles claim to be descendents of heroes of some unkown war, the details of which vary greatly.

Flo determines that the woman was most likely the center of whatever was going on. The gravesites are not size specific. Though large enough to fit any member of the party. The orb dissipated and did not get absorbed by the door. The pillars and statues hold more historical value than monetary. The man in the vision seemed to be leading the charge against some unknown enemy. 

Hey guys still waiting on a couple posts I think? I will be gone most the daY so you have some time.

Would you guys prefer to get the posts moved to once a week to give you guys more time? Or maybe a bit more time? Let me know!