Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Just waiting on Bronan's post. I will post the next part Tuesday so everyone should have ample time. So feel free to post some post battle interaction and stuff after Gainsdalf posts.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

It'll be up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Lies and misdirection. Or life got busy, one of the two. Will get it up this morning as long as there are no huge fires at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Next part is up.

This is a dialogue post. You may ask 2 questions, try to keep them character relevant and somewhat specific! This should be an easy post to get everyone back on track. No need to post your questions here, you can post directly in the other thread.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Just a heads up everybody, I need your posts by tomorow night. If this is going to be an issue let me know and I can postpone.

May 1st is a holiday, so I should have the time. The problem is that upon such occasions, everybody tends to ask the obvious (and wrong) questions. Since each only gets 2, we should probably organize our questioning

Obvious candidates

- Who are you

- Why are you doing all this (cue for evil mastermind speech)

- Why us

- What's with the statues and the fountain and everything we've seen before?

- Who were those people outside

- What's going on with the murals, orb, green mist etc

- What do you want from us

- Why did you have to slaughter the village

- What was happening with the ritual back there (in the village and in the statue)

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Will try to get mine up tomorrow. Was waiting to see if anyone else wanted first shot.

500 / 330 / 625

This is the same guy who emitted the green glow, or the same guy from the visions?

500 / 330 / 625

You recognize him from the village, the one who carried the body away.

The other part of your question can be answered by him

Final post is up.

For this one it is similar to the battle at the entrance. You come up with it yourself. Though theres a catch.

As the magic of the temple goes of kilter you may have visions again that you are fighting in the battle Rurik mentioned. You can fit this in however you please. Bronan must fight rurik alone (unarmed if he wants a fair contest).

The rest of you must hold of the waves of undead that now claw their way up from catacombs.

Of course you are going to win. Bronan defeats Rurik, though does not kill him. Rurik is more skilled in combat but Bronan has greater strength.

If you have any questions let me know.

Will post tomorrow hopefully.

500 / 330 / 625

Elora uses Bardic performance for six rounds on Bronan. Basically, he would get a plus to every roll.

The undead aren't her jam so she's hoping that the others will control them. She will focus on Bronan as long as she can (6 rounds) even if it means taking hits to do so. Once her performance ends she will take up her quarter staff and do what she can against the undead.

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Elora uses Bardic performance for six rounds on Bronan. Basically, he would get a plus to every roll.

The undead aren't her jam so she's hoping that the others will control them. She will focus on Bronan as long as she can (6 rounds) even if it means taking hits to do so. Once her performance ends she will take up her quarter staff and do what she can against the undead.

Hey man, Elora can't see or be heard by bronan. Also treat these enemies like normal guys. Don't worry about feeling like she can't do anything against them. Just write an epic fight!

Quick mention for Teri: Bacon will start by casting Enlarge Person on Flo, since Bronan is busy and she'll take tanking duties the bulk of the fight. She's been using arrows and stones, but he's also seen her get physical and fist fight lately, so he thinks it'll be useful. Just letting you know so you can plan your actions/post accordingly. I'll try to have mine up asap

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

So I'm having trouble figuring out what to write. Not sure I like the "write the combat round yourself" thing, including enemy and everything. I don't know enough about him in orer to be able to write his actions properly. It's becoming more of a "let's cooperatively write a story" vs "Let's play D&D, but by post".

500 / 330 / 625

So I'm having trouble figuring out what to write. Not sure I like the "write the combat round yourself" thing, including enemy and everything. I don't know enough about him in orer to be able to write his actions properly. It's becoming more of a "let's cooperatively write a story" vs "Let's play D&D, but by post".

Never been one to put dice over the narrative myself, but the issue you're raising does make sense. Writing up our own battles makes sense when dealing with cinematic fights, such as when we held off the undead until we could enter the temple, or when fighting "nameless" opponents like the cultists. This is the big boss fight, he's a guy with a history and reasoning, most of which we don't know. Not to mention any fighting styles or tricks up his sleeve he might have. Perhaps you can do it using the other method, post your intentions on the OOC and have cn3wton tell you what goes down. Then either he or you can make the post. Just my 5 cents

Lvl 65 Multitasker

You are fighting unarmed. You both trade some good blows, bringing each other to the brink of defeat. You you grapple, throw, and punch with great force. When you feel all hope is lost you throw one final puncheck that ends it all. You have extremely low health.

does that help? your basically participating in a mma fight with the guy.

Never been one to put dice over the narrative myself, but the issue you're raising does make sense. Writing up our own battles makes sense when dealing with cinematic fights, such as when we held off the undead until we could enter the temple, or when fighting "nameless" opponents like the cultists. This is the big boss fight, he's a guy with a history and reasoning, most of which we don't know. Not to mention any fighting styles or tricks up his sleeve he might have. Perhaps you can do it using the other method, post your intentions on the OOC and have cn3wton tell you what goes down. Then either he or you can make the post. Just my 5 cents

I hope the post I just made helps. I wanted thus to be a way for everyone to develop their characters history, beliefs, and stuff like that. so everyone but bronan I'd engaged in a fight simular to the one before, with the added twist of seeing visions from their past.

On Bronan's side it's similar, just instead of a bunch of enemies it's one guy. So as he's fighting maybe he turns into someone from Bronan's past, or maybe hrs seeing a memory from one of his "ancestbros". I should have explained in more detail what was going on. So I'll give a bit of personality to him below.

he is slowly being overtaken by a corrupting force. He has chosen to die by a friends hand than to possibly be used to harm them. Though his beliefs prevent him from just rolling over and dying. His job was to ensure the group is prepared for the coming battle, and he feels that this is the only way left to him now. As the fight progresses he struggles to keep the corruption in check, causing verbal outbursts, but his sense of a fair contest remains true throughout.

Some background. He led the group of heroes many years ago "from the murals etc". He fought with your ancestors/past selves/etc (I didn't want to get too into this, as I plan on developing this more later.) He was closest to Bronan's ancestor/etc, and they would often compete in feats of strength. Nearly evenly matched and tied with 99 victories each. (I was going to have Bronan's ancestor be brodin, but I didn't know if that would be something you'd want)

So in the end this boss battle isn't really about the boss, and much more about the development of your own characters beliefs and background. I will go back and alter the official post if needed, but I hope this helps you with what I intended.

• Like 2

There is the final post for this adventure. We had a few parts here and there that got us caught up but I think it was a pretty fluid adventure all in all. Again I seek to improve these each time so I want to do a quick pro's/cons part.

Pros

-I felt the shorter adventure helped keep a good pace

-Did some pretty nice character development

-I think the narrative approach to combat (like the encounter in the room with the statue and the numerous thugs was a pretty good one)

Cons

-I felt this adventure was a bit combat heavy. Perhaps due to me really trying to rush to get the adventure up? I had a general idea of what I wanted to happen story wise (and where I wanted it to lead). But it felt very narrow.

-I feel like I could incorporate more clever logic puzzles. Something to make you guys have to come up with an actual solution.

-I plan to avoid the cinematic battle approach for the forseable future.

-Fights felt a bit repetitive.

As always please let me know what you felt worked and didnt work. I have a pretty good idea how I want this to play out. But I want to get all your feedback before we go on. My plan is to make it a bit more open as far as what where doing. Let me know!

I plan to take a 1 to 2 week break until the next adventure. I want to try to get stuff written ahead of time. Instead of rushing to get them up.