Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

On travel for work this week, so may be slow posting. Will try to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Weapon Finesse refers to melee attack rolls, as in, when trying to inflict damage. Agile Maneuvers is activated when doing a Combat Maneuver (Disarm, Trip, Sunder etc). Two different things, no reason for them to stack

Flo's original stat bonuses::

STR:: -1

DEX:: +4

BASE ATT Bonus:: +2

So CMB would be:: -1  <--- That would be +1 (+2 Base Attack, -1 STR) not -1

And CMD would be:: +5 (plus the base of 10)

With  Agility Maneuvers, it would be:: CMB:: +8 <--- +6 Actually (+2 Base Attack, +4 DEX)

With Weapon finese, it would be:: CMB:: +6 <--- Nope, because a Combat Maneuver is not an Attack roll

SO with both it would be:: CMB:: +12 <--- Nope, because they're used on different occasions

What Weapon Finesse does is that when you attack somebody with a light weapon, instead of adding +1 to your Attack Roll (+2 Base Attack, -1 STR) you would add +6 (+2 Base Attack, +4 DEX).

You're so nice to help me out, thanks!

I forget that I don't know this system like I do Ed.2

I am fixing stuff for my character and will post a new character sheet tomorrow.

Cheers!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

"Flo"  Mystaflovon

Race: Elf

Class/Level: Rogue 1 & Fighter 2

Alignment: Neutral (with Hero tendencies)

Hit points: 24

Armor Class: 16   Flatfoot: 14   Touch: 14

Initiative: +4

Speed 30 ft

CMB 6

CMD 15

Base Attack Bonus: +2

STATS

STR       9    (-1)

DEX     18    (+4)

CON     11   (0)

INT       13   (+1)

WIS      14   (+2)

CHA     10   (0)

Traits/Special Abilities

Low vision = human x2 -- Elf

Immune to Sleep Spells -- Elf

+2 vs. Enchantment - - Elf

+1 vs. fear -- Bravery - Fighter 2

Sneak Attack -- Rogue 1

Trap finding -- Rouge 1

Saves

Fortitude: +3

Reflex: +6

Will: +2

Skills

Acrobatics +8

Appraise +5

Climb +3

Disable Device +9

Escape Artist +8

Intimidate +4

Knowledge - Engineering +4

Linguistics +5

Perception +9

Sense Motive +6

Sleight of Hand +8

Stealth +8

Swim +3

Use Magic Device +4

Feat

Weapon Finesse

Point Blank Shot

Combat  Reflexes

Agile Maneuvers

Weapons

Short Bow    (+4 Dex, +1 PB, crit x3, damg 1d4, 1d6 PB and -1 STR cancel out)

Quiver w/ 20 arrows

Sap               (+4 CR, crit x2, damg 1d4, 1d6, nonlethal)

Rapier          (+4 CR, crit on 18-20 for x2, damg 1d4, 1d6)

Spiked Gauntlets       (+4 CR, crit x2, damg 1d3, 1d4)

Light Mace                (+4 CR, crit x2, damg 1d4, 1d6)

Armor

Leather

Equipment

Wooden Puzzle

Caltrops x2

Thief's tools

Whetstone

Flint & Steel

Backpack

Chalk 1/2 pc

Bedroll

Rations  5 days

Waterskin

Hunk of cheese 1

Loaf of bread 1

Empty belt pouch

Coins  1,504 gps, 7sps, and 8cps.

Encumbered : med load 30 - 60

Physical Description

Female Elf

Age 118

Ht 5'9" Wt 138 lbs

Eyes purple/grey

Hair copper (long)

Languages -- common, elven, gnome

Favored Class -- Rogue

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I like how even Flo and Bacon have adapted a more fighting approach in their advancement. Reminds me of

World of Badass: Athas is so harsh that just living here qualifies as The Spartan Way. In earlier editions, the rules stated that the average human in Athas was a third-level fighter, equivalent to a decently experienced adventurer in most other settings; in most settings back then, average humans wouldn't have any levels at all. Also, the default maximum for attribute scores is 20 instead of the usual 18 in AD&D.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Yeah, me too. It's like she woke up to another part of herself. Which for longer living folk makes perfect sense.

Plus I am sensing some real undealt with anger in her/me. It'll be good to get that out and see what's underneath it!

D&D has always been my favorite therapy!

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Sorry all I have been workign compiling a resume/cover letter for a job that I am going to apply for.

Thanks for the help there DR. I will be updating everyones character sheet links on the first page. 

My plan is to release the next RP sections in three parts. The next should be up tomorrow (hoping to hear from TML before then). This is all still role play as I continue to really flesh out the next adventure. So take this opportunity to really delve into your own personal rp and try to learn more about the world!

@gainsdalf no worries about posting, I am going to break up the RP over the next week or two so you can always go back and add yours if you fall behind (thanks your your forum privileges)

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Next part of the story shall be up shortly.

Also the family appears to be human, sorry I missed this question earlier.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Its up. This post should handle from your encounter with the leader of the town, to the first place you visit in it.

You can respond to anything that has happened, and feel free to ask questions and inspect/investigate things. Please provide rolls when appropriate. 

TML has decided to take a step back for this adventure so we are down for three. I know there where a few people who where interested in possibly joining in. I will contact them. But for now while I figure out the next adventure we will stick with 3.

I know everybody is busy I hope you are having a good week.

I would like to have the next post up by next week, so if you guys could try to get your posts up by next week that would be awesome.

I want to try and have a running dialogue/barter with the shaman/a person in the marketplace to better use skills and stuff. So if you plan on buying anything feel free to try and barter!

• Like 1

apologies for going AWOL. needed some "me" time.

It's ok bro we all need some time to ourselves.

Does this mean you'll be rejoining us?

I have updated the first post to provide links to your updated character sheets.

I will be posting the next part of flo's adventure shortly. I know Gainsdalf said he would be busy this week so I will give him a bit more time as it seems he and raider have both been busy. Which I totally understand.

If you guys arent able to post by, lets say tomorrow night? I will post the next part in a way that you can catch up and make one big post for the first 2 areas you visit.

I'll have mine up tomorrow. I'm all caught up on the reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So A few notes for you about what flo sees/does

You determine to value of the item to be rather high, 1000gp or more. You manage to barter with the man to slightly reduce the price to 900 but he will go no lower.

Due to its small size it can be worn under your current armor, and provides a +1 bonus.

When you inspect the city itself all seems to be in exquisite condition. The architecture ranges from simple construction to finally etched metalwork. Racial influences are often found on homes, and its not uncommon to see work done in a dwarvish style placed next to elven etc.

Theft/crime seems to be nonexsistent, and there is an overall sense of calm that you can actually feel. While not everyone is openly friendly and carefree, you sense no hostility to your presence.

I hope this aids you in forming your post, I will be updating the actual post for what you see in the inn shortly. I hope to incorporate this sort of thing into the posts more often. Also you can visit 1 more place after the inn, unless you wish to stay there or I missed something?

EDIT*** So the post is up. I had it nearly completed when the cord from my computer got pulled and I lost it all. So I retyped what I could remember and did minimal checking. I will revise it tomorrow but right now I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I look forward to your posts!

• Like 1

Oh also something your characters would notice but my lack of writing skill may not have portrayed.

The two children are the reincarnation of the man you fought at the end of the last adventure and his sister. Hence the whole part of them needing rest or whatever I said. I may go back and rework that part a bit.

Really nice write up, Cn3wton. Love the feel if the mood and the mystery behind it. Bastions of hope amidst the the ravages of hopeless carnage. Sweet.

Q: vest is +1 survival or +1 to AC? I would prefer survival, but either is cool. Unless the keeper isn't explaining the interstices. 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Alright post is up. Everyone should be able to craft their next one now.

The healing talisman costs 750 gold. It can be used once a post to heal 1d8 wounds. I utilized the stats of a wand of cure light wounds that heals 1d8 and holds 50 charges. I felt that changing the charges to a once per post thing suits the scenario a bit better. 

The strength and dexterity potion cost 300g, while the resistance potion costs 50g. Note that you can get a potion for any stat at the same price (i just listed those two as they would be the most interest to Bronan.) Potions are one time use.

The strength/dex/etc potions increase that stat by 4 for 1 post. 

The resistance potion increases all saving throws by 2 for 1 post.

Bacon must decide if he wishes to join the others on the hunt, or to continue on his own. Joining the men on their hunt will mean that he will not have time to do anything else before going to dinner. So you can write up his actions to that point (so from the shaman to his decision wether to join or not). And any questions he may have of course.

Bronan can purchase/upgrade weapons at the smith. And of course ask any questions he wants.

Really nice write up, Cn3wton. Love the feel if the mood and the mystery behind it. Bastions of hope amidst the the ravages of hopeless carnage. Sweet.

Q: vest is +1 survival or +1 to AC? I would prefer survival, but either is cool. Unless the keeper isn't explaining the interstices.

It's ac

• Like 1

Is the Shaman the one who would do weapon enchantments as well? if so, what's he offering and how much do they cost? I'd probably prefer to enchant the masterwork morningstar I've been working on than buy a new weapon. Bronan would still visit the forge just to check it out.

500 / 330 / 625

Is the Shaman the one who would do weapon enchantments as well? if so, what's he offering and how much do they cost? I'd probably prefer to enchant the masterwork morningstar I've been working on than buy a new weapon. Bronan would still visit the forge just to check it out.

I would say for argument they can both enchant your weapon. The process would however be different.

If you had the shaman enchant the weapon it would look no different.

If the smith does it he will have to re forge the weapon.

It will also depend on the enchantment. I can provide a list but if you have something in mind I can let you know.