Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Simple +s for the morningstar, gonna make a thor's hammer or javelin in the future.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

FOUND IT. Holy crap finally. 

So if you want to add strength to it it will cost MODIFIER SQUARED x 1000gold.  So if you want it to be +1 strength it will cost 1000gold.

This is more of turning it into a magic weapon than enchanting it with an ability (which is what I thought you wanted) which would involve doing something like making it do increased damage to certain enemies etc. 

I would say that the shaman may be more proficient at this type of work. As the blacksmiths are more focused on enhancing the weapon itself than enhancing you. (In this case your more or less giving yourself more strength by carrying it, not making the weapon do more damage to undead/humanoids/etc).

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Yeah, I want to make it a morningstar+1. Another question, If I wanted to make it +2 later, would it be the full 4000 gold, or the just 3000 as I had already invested 1000 to make it a +1.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Well according to the rulebook you cant add it but I'm not going to be all that concerned so we will go with a reduction to cost due to preexsisting materials or something like that.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

That works.  The healing talisman and a +1 to the morningstar works.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

That works.  The healing talisman and a +1 to the morningstar works.

Ok you can write that in then. You can take the talisman with you, but he will need to keep your morningstar for awhile. You can broach the subject with him and this will be his answer, which you can cut and past into your post.

"Hmmm, let me see." Kadra draws a book from a shelf behind him. "I believe I have the materials necessary, though I will need to keep the weapon with me for the time being."

This would occur shortly before he needs to leave to go on the hunt. So you can decide whether you wish to leave it with him or not. As always I trust you guys to track your gold, I know that I can trust you to keep an accurate count of your current wealth.

I must admit I am rather enjoying these posts. These are characters/scenarios I have had in my head for quite some time. I hope you all are enjoying it as well!

Next post is up. This is what each of you can/needs to do.

Flo- Can ask questions here and there about stuff that shes wondering. Can interact with people in the bar as well. Feel free to make your post go from your last to when Bacon and Bronan show up. You get to pick what they wear to dinner! I provided a basic ideas of what they have but you are free to describe the clothes as you want. But you cant say something like a diamond filled tiara with gold belts and stufff liek that. So obviously keep it within reason. They are nice clothes but not redicously over the top.

Bacon - The most important thing about your post is the story and the drinking. You don't have to summarize all of your travels to the tree, but this is an option for you to share some more stuff if you want. Also you must make a fortitude saving throw after drinking, as the drink they share around the fire is extremely potent. And of course you can ask any questions/add what you want. Feel free to ask any questions here too.

Bronan - Your post will go from the shamans hut, to the blacksmith, to the end where you meet up a the tavern with everyone. You can ask a few questions of Quanlan if you want to try to figure some stuff out. And you must make a strength check for the arm wrestling match. If you win you get a drink, if you lose Quanlan will buy the guy a drink. Just let me know what you roll.

I would prepare if FLo's post was up first so you guys can remark on what shes chosen for you guys to wear.

This took a lot longer to type up than I expected, if you have any questions let me know and I apoligize for any errors in its typing as I have to leave for work now.

Love your post terinatum! Gonna be hard to top that! Never thought you'd go so far in depth with the thought to everyone's clothes. awesome!

• Like 1

This is beyond amazing! Seriously, two wonderful posts and I love how the storytelling has evolved, this is a magnificent read. Major congratulations to everyone

@Teri: The punchline at the end hit the nail on the head. Great writing, made me smile

@cn3wton: The whole stag thing reminds me of the White Stag scene in the Dragonlance trilogy, in case you've read those. It's a great opportunity to dig into my character's fey bloodline and a wonderful setup for something I had in mind. I'll get to writing my part, but will post it later tonight as I'm itching to get back home and roll an actual dice for my Fortitude save instead of an online dice roller

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Will have a post up today. Baby got sick Friday and I don't check on the weekends, my bad.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

This is beyond amazing! Seriously, two wonderful posts and I love how the storytelling has evolved, this is a magnificent read. Major congratulations to everyone

@Teri: The punchline at the end hit the nail on the head. Great writing, made me smile

@cn3wton: The whole stag thing reminds me of the White Stag scene in the Dragonlance trilogy, in case you've read those. It's a great opportunity to dig into my character's fey bloodline and a wonderful setup for something I had in mind. I'll get to writing my part, but will post it later tonight as I'm itching to get back home and roll an actual dice for my Fortitude save instead of an online dice roller

Feel free to expand on your character as you'd like. I trust you.

I look forward to it.

• Like 1

Will have a post up today. Baby got sick Friday and I don't check on the weekends, my bad.

No worries man.

Also, rolled a 7, I assume he crushes whatever the match is with a 19 strength. I'll edit the post if not.

500 / 330 / 625

Agree, great posts you two.

edit: (didn't refresh this before posting, still showedDR's post as the last one).

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Hope the kiddo feels better, Gains.

Oh she's fine, she was waking up wiht congestion, but it was clearing out throughout the day. We didn't even end up taking her to the doc. We think it might be the introduction of cow's milk making her mucousy.It went away over the weekend when she wasn't getting it, we'll see if it comes back tomorrow after she's had it today.

500 / 330 / 625

Oh she's fine, she was waking up wiht congestion, but it was clearing out throughout the day. We didn't even end up taking her to the doc. We think it might be the introduction of cow's milk making her mucousy.It went away over the weekend when she wasn't getting it, we'll see if it comes back tomorrow after she's had it today.

ah that sounds about right. good luck.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Well another great post. I like your bluff about the drinking. Made me laugh

I will type up the next post once I get home from the gym.

• Like 1