Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Post is up. I had a shit day and the power was up so I hope it doesn't appear rushed anywhere. I may come back and edit it later.

Just a few clarifications

Hon'ga's wife is named Claire

Quanlans wife is now named Sara

I don't know why I got the two mixed up... I really should write all these characters down.

Feel free to interact with anyone at the party. You can join in the dancing, play a game against the troll (intelligence or similar check), or seek people out. Once you get to your own personal plot developments heres some things.

Bacon - You must pass a will save when she reveals her true form. You can also attempt to make any checks to try and decipher what she truly is. Or you can straight up ask her. Your post will end after you pass the check and you must remain in the room.

Bronan - You may make any rolls you wish to try and get information out of Hon'ga or what you see as y ou walk through the castle, and ask any questions you would like. Your post will end with you returning to the hall.

Flo - You can further interact with members of the party and try to learn more information about your hosts and the town itself. Your post ends just as Bronan re enters the main hall.

Also feel free to add fortitude saves if your character drinks often at the party. Heres a guide.

Number of drinks    Required Roll to pass

1                               5

2                               10

3                               15

etc

If you have already drank heavily before the party please add a -10 modifier to your roll. Of course drinking and following this is optional. But figured you guys might like it.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I am perplexed, cn3wton... as I read the lines, my mind raced ahead, already thinking of answers against reincarnation and accepting her nature, then a few words later she spoke my mind. Not sure if you've grasped the character that well and tailor-made the story for him or if you've figured out a certain part of myself that I put into Bacon. Or it might be pure chance. Either way, it's a freaky coincidence.

Back to the technicalities, are her wings the leathery dragon/bat/demon type, or the angelic feathery ones? Should I roll Knowledge in arcana or nature to pick up what she is? Nature sounds more like it.

P.S. My Will save came up a 7 (roll 4+modifier 3). Oooops! Let me know what happens so I can include it in my post

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I am perplexed, cn3wton... as I read the lines, my mind raced ahead, already thinking of answers against reincarnation and accepting her nature, then a few words later she spoke my mind. Not sure if you've grasped the character that well and tailor-made the story for him or if you've figured out a certain part of myself that I put into Bacon. Or it might be pure chance. Either way, it's a freaky coincidence.

Back to the technicalities, are her wings the leathery dragon/bat/demon type, or the angelic feathery ones? Should I roll Knowledge in arcana or nature to pick up what she is? Nature sounds more like it.

P.S. My Will save came up a 7 (roll 4+modifier 3). Oooops! Let me know what happens so I can include it in my post

They are leathery, though they are white wings, and you failed the test... Please post this in yours.

Claire frowns and quickly assumes her disguise. "It appears you are not yet strong enough." She looks down to her feet. "Perhaps you never will be..." She then raises her head looking into Bacons eyes "Tell me, did I frigthen you? What do you think of me now that you have seen what I truly am?"

As far as reading your mind i just had a feeling about what Bacon would say. I also think you posted something about it earlier but cant be sure.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Just wondering if you didn't do any rolls because bacon has no interest in figuring out what she is or if you meant to include them

Liked the post I'll do a quick response one soon

I didn't want to ask or even bring up the topic. Bacon is trying to get across the message that he accepts her, no matter what she is, it's like he doesn't even care for the details.

That's the RP. Out of the story thread, I'm curious to know, I just forgot to roll it. You can tell me here. Dice came up 18, so +2 for Nature or +4 for Arcana Knowledge

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I didn't want to ask or even bring up the topic. Bacon is trying to get across the message that he accepts her, no matter what she is, it's like he doesn't even care for the details.

That's the RP. Out of the story thread, I'm curious to know, I just forgot to roll it. You can tell me here. Dice came up 18, so +2 for Nature or +4 for Arcana Knowledge

The closest thing you can guess is that she may be some kind of demon. But you cant be sure.

Also I remember you rolled a 1 for your hp roll and attributed it to an illness. So after reading the post you may

add 1 to your HP.

• Like 1

@cn3wton:

may I take some creative license with the type of music/dance?

also, I'm rolling some things and I got a natural 20 on one that I'd like to play up a bit. It shouldn't change anything directly. it's all entertainment based - with the 20 being something real within the fun for one young guest, likely female.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

@cn3wton:

also, I'm rolling some things and I got a natural 20 on one that I'd like to play up a bit. It shouldn't change anything directly. it's all entertainment based - with the 20 being something real within the fun for one young guest, likely female.

Certainly there is quite a diverse group at the party so it should be fine. I trust your judgement

• Like 1

The closest thing you can guess is that she may be some kind of demon

Couldn't help it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLkjVeR4pWg

Appreciate the bonus hp. Is there a narrative behind it, or is it just you not wanting Bacon to be squishy?

Edit: I have a bad tendency to read the OOC thread before the story updates

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Where are we on this one? Looks like we all made our posts and waiting for cn3wton to go on with the story. Let's get this game going again people B)

Should be up today. Been quite crazy tge last few days. Every time I sit down to type it up I've run out of time.

• Like 2

So before I continue the story I want you guys to regroup/share your stories/discoveries and what you all are thinking. I will then continue with the next part of the story. 

• Like 2

Will leave it to Bacon then. Bronan doesn't really share unless he realizes something is pertanent to the conversation.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hey guys like the posts so far. I did a whole schpeal about why I haven't been on at all in a week or so.

The short version is that I got a new job and it's consumed a lot of time when added to another job I had to fin8sh, and a weekend event.

I do have the next part of the story prepared, just waiting on flo. I think soon we will get back to the adventuring.

• Like 1

Looks good Teri. I like the development of Flo's character, gave me a chance for some interaction too. I'd call it a wrap up, once cn3wton is over the life crazy we can get back to advancing the plot

That was great. I got tears in my eyes. Ya know, going all girly on you guys! lol

It's one of the great things about role playing for me. I get to dig deep into parts if myself that don't get much light of day. And my anger certainly doesn't get enough free time to express itself. So this is good practice!

@all: Love the development of this part of our adventures. Very meaty. Thx All

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On