Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

I will post a quick follow up to Oramac intro when I get home. Everybody else can post something if they want, but I will also be posting the next part of your story too

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Post will.actually be up tomorow due to technical difficulties and exhaustion

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Sorry I've been MIA, sick baby at home after a week of work travel. Hopefully I get active again by the end of the week, not in my hands right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

N9 problem. Sorry to hear it. Hope the baby feels better soon!

Post is up. Oramacs follow up is of course in italic, eveyrone elses is in regular.

Oramac - You can respond to it however you like and interject here and there. If you want to add more while they wrap up their stuff you can, we can coordinate that here, or in pm if you want to keep some stuff a surprise.

Everyone else - you can comment on whatever you need to and bring up anything if you need to. Remember Bronan stormed off before the whole magic bubble thing and didn't hear or see what happened before the stage. So if one of you could fill him in quick that would be great. Your post should be pretty striaght forward until it gets to the questions.  I'lll let you guys talk here to kind of get a consensus on what you want to ask. Or I can allow you each 3 questions, and assign you and order. It all depends on how everyones schedule works in. There will be 1 more post following this that will be a wrap up post then we will kick off the adventuring again!

Things Flo would be curious to talk about.

1. What parts of the story do each of us need to know?

2. How much of the story do we want to know?

3. Why are we here? If there's a deed to be performed, will we consider doing it or are we looking to get answers and leave?

4. How does our 'past life' impact the world today? Is there something we can do to change the tide of decay and oppression that rules the land?

5. Has anyone seen an eagle or eagle-like person? If Hon'ga didn't summon us, who did? What or who do the eagles represent?

6. Have either of them seen anyone less than happy in this town?

Plus whatever else comes up while they talk at the tavern or in their rooms.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

A question too, if I may.  

Is the timing on my story such that I'll be catching up with the other Heroes before their next quest starts?  Or am I staying in the past for the time being?  I don't care either way, just want to wrap my head around it.  

Also, it's irrelevant now, but an unarmed strike for 3 damage nearly killed the guy?  Seriously?   :tongue:  I figured it'd just knock the wind out of him or something.  haha.  

EDIT: Also, thanks for pointing out that I haven't introduced myself to Varren yet!  I totally would have missed that. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

A question too, if I may.

Is the timing on my story such that I'll be catching up with the other Heroes before their next quest starts? Or am I staying in the past for the time being? I don't care either way, just want to wrap my head around it.

Also, it's irrelevant now, but an unarmed strike for 3 damage nearly killed the guy? Seriously? :tongue: I figured it'd just knock the wind out of him or something. haha.

EDIT: Also, thanks for pointing out that I haven't introduced myself to Varren yet! I totally would have missed that.

I thought you stabbed him in the gut! Sorry I must have been delirious when I read it. I will adjust the post to reflect it.

You will be staying in the past for now. You'll meet up with them in the intro to the next adventure.

• Like 1

I thought you stabbed him in the gut! Sorry I must have been delirious when I read it. I will adjust the post to reflect it.

You will be staying in the past for now. You'll meet up with them in the intro to the next adventure.

Thanks!  I'll get a draft written and posted with the proper timing ASAP.  

No worries!  I was just surprised that an unarmed strike could be so deadly!  Kinda made me do one of these: o_O

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Just put up my response.  I'll be putting my characters speech in Orange, if that's ok.  He doesn't trust easily, and certainly doesn't trust Varren yet, hence the bluff check to lie about his name.  Though I suspect that Varren already knows who he is and won't be fooled at all.  

As an aside, it occurs to me that it may be wise to change my characters name to avoid any confusion between him and my forum name.  Let me know if that's a go or no-go.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I don't know if it's been mentioned for everyone else, but just in case, it's my understanding that the split-timeline will be ending shortly too.  Which should help keep the continuity a little simpler.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Post is up. I figured I could kind of wrap it up.

I tried to keep the post short, but give enough info to give the characters somethign to grab onto. I am very tired and going to bed now. If there is any confusion about what is going on please let me know.

Oramac has already left, everyone else can finish up anything they need to do in the town and say their goodbyes, the next post by me will be the start of the adventure.

Your post can end with you preparing to leave at the edge of town (near the bridge where you first met honga) with varren.

Just one simple question: Does my character know what Hon'ga told the other Heroes?  Or what Arthur told them in the briefing room? 

EDIT: I would echo Teri's excitement too!  I got caught up in my own mind when I posted earlier thinking about what to write next.  I've got a rough draft already written.  Just need to polish it and see what all I know before posting.  

Don't tell my boss I'm writing posts at work!  :P

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

@cn3wton! Intriguing!! Sneak around and find answers to why this man suddenly become violent and malicious? Sounds like fun!!

AND it's a good, epic story now that we have finally heard it woven together. Nice work.

I will try to post tonight, but it may end up being tomorrow. New adventure! Squeeeeeeeeee!!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

What are you talking about? We're going to walk up and demand to see him, hear him out, and if we don't like what he says, Bronan challenges him to a duel.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Gains.  That was a great post.  It really got me thinking about how my character would have responded to Arthurs reasoning.  I feel like Oramac would have had a similar reaction, though for somewhat different reasons.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Great stuff indeed,Gains. Makes sense for Bronan to act that way, the roleplay is great and I dare say he has matured as a character from the simple bro parody he began as.

We're going into a deep political and philosophical discussion there, which is part of why I love these games as opposed to the "accept quest, perform quest, get rewards" mechanics. Bacon would be more troubled with the cosmic wars as an arcanist (also because I'm a sucker for all things Planescape) but Hon'ga's explanation about their powers being inherited has cleared up a lot of the reincarnation cobwebs. Also a great roleplay chance since he's a sorcerer, a natural magician. Gives me stuff to work on his background.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Just one simple question: Does my character know what Hon'ga told the other Heroes? Or what Arthur told them in the briefing room?

EDIT: I would echo Teri's excitement too! I got caught up in my own mind when I posted earlier thinking about what to write next. I've got a rough draft already written. Just need to polish it and see what all I know before posting.

Don't tell my boss I'm writing posts at work! :P

You can assume he knows why he's being sent ahead, we will talk more. Your character will know quite a bit about the situation in the beginning

• Like 1

Thanks guys. He really has developed in my head past the parody I started him as. That tends to be how it works for me, I create some caricature that is ridiculous and fun to play right off, which keeps me interested until they grow into something more.

I remembered the other day when Bronan was on his walk with Hon'ga that Bronan is true neutral- he cares about taking care of his own, not good and evil, law or disorder. He is from a culture where you are thrown in the deep end for the most part and if you can't strive as an individual and bring at least as much benefit/resources to the community than you consume, you're gone, or at least ignored. This mostly comes into play through strength and battle prowess, and fighting other tribes for superiority over an area and its resources. He has no time for weakness, especially intentionally shielding people from hardships that would weed that out and make what's left stronger.

My first reaction was for him to be cool with all the dragon slaying, Hon'ga was protecting his own. However, I realized Bronan would also not be cool with such waste of life and potential allies. Hon'ga would have been much smarter had he just looked past his feelings and given Claire back, potentially making allies for the future, instead of using up his valuable time and abilities for needless killing just to protect one person. The needs of the community, your community, outweigh the needs of the one.

I don't know, I'm still feeling him out for precisely what his thought process and morals are. I feel like he'd be ok with whatever happens in this next part as long as he ends up with the strongest allies possible, those that bring the most to the table, that he can trust to have his interests in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

I clearly see that Gains. Bronan is about using your abilities to their fullest, proving your worth to even have that ability.

FYI to cn3wton, Bacon, and Bronan:: Flo is neutral and I have a specific background that I've been weaving in. So, the sheltering is definitely a sore subject with her. She doesn't care if she's on the weaker side so long as there's an escape route in place for when things get bad. It's the reason she asked Hon'ga about leaving town unhindered. 

Decision-wise Flo is up in the air, but definitely leaning towards "prove you have a right to need us.' 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Just put my post up.  I admit I'm feeling a little behind the eight ball here with regards to character development.  It's not something I have a ton of experience with, and the story right now is a great exploration of the characters and their motives and morals.  

Don't get me wrong.  I love where this is going, and I look forward to seeing it through.  It's just quite a bit more cerebral than I initially expected.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

It's just quite a bit more cerebral than I initially expected.  

This is the biggest difference beeen tabletop and play by post. Tabletop is much more flying by the seat of your pants and about battle and loots. Play by post tends to be about the roleplay.

500 / 330 / 625