Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

His purpose in killing the mand is he absolutely despises men like that. Someone who would drive young men to their deaths. Also the area is very enclosed so there was no way around it. I should have been more descriptive about the terrain, as he did not have any other option except moving him. Though I will change it to make it a little less grizzly.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I forgot to add, the note to Varren was supposed to be kind of a code thing to tell him where to find Oramac without tipping anyone off if they read the letter.  I wasn't at all sure what to roll for that, so let me know please. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Mine is up. Few things to be highlighted:

- Didn't want to have the story going back and forth, so I tried to skip the bandit episode instead of starting an argument there. Let the roleplay commence from the point you left us at, upon meeting Oramac.

- Bacon knows Draconic, so I used the opportunity with Claire there

- If you check his character sheet, besides Draconic, Bacon has 2 ranks in Profession (cook), as well as a racial +2 bonus from the gnomish obsession with a certain Craft or Profession. I assume he'd be hellbent on being the cook instead of Varren, but didn't make an issue out of it. Just another chance for roleplay :)

- Speaking of character sheets, I assume we didn't gain a level. Gotta scroll back and read the technicalities on the amulet Bacon purchased from Hon'ga and add that on his character sheet.

- You are an evil, evil man for treating Harglenn like that. It is bitter but excellent storytelling.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Just a quick note the town/village destroyed because of oromac is not Harglenn. It was a smaller minor town. Harglenn is still there for better or worse

Also varren could share cooking duties. I quickened that up so we could actually get to the city and get the ball rolling

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

- You are an evil, evil man for treating Harglenn like that. It is bitter but excellent storytelling.

Just a quick note the town/village destroyed because of oromac is not Harglenn. It was a smaller minor town. Harglenn is still there for better or worse

A valid point.  I'll edit mine to make it a little more clear as well.  

I hope it's ok, I gave the village a name.  Also, on the subject of village names, I found this site with a laundry list of names that could be useful as well.  

Great post too, DR.  I'm excited to see how this plays out.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Fixed. Good thinking in inventing another name, Oramac. Helps us discern between the towns.

To answer Gains' OOC question on the story thread, Oramac led to the fall of another town, one he named Avalain. Harglenn is where we slew the dragon during the first adventure. You should probably edit the first line, because the place we met Hon'ga an the others was not Harglenn.

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Ugh, coffee not kicked in yet. I fixed the Harglenn thing elsewhere in the post while writing it. Having Internet issues and thie thread was refusing to load, so never checked here first before posting. I'll edit my post as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Flo doesn't try to chastise him so much as she truly wonders why Varren doesn't seem in control. Or at least confused about why he reacts way too intensely for the situation. Well, I guess dragons have their ways, who am I to counter what has worked for all the ages.

Apologies for getting everyone confused. Varren is a regular dwarf (until proven otherwise). The dragon would be Darkkon

Lvl 65 Multitasker

LMAO!  Oh, that's good!  haha.  Well played.  

Thanks! LOL Ii was writing and it just happened. And i was like, okay there's no way I can take that out, but how to make it fit? Glad you liked it. Usually Gains is our master comedian in character.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Post is finished. You guys can decide among yourselves what you want to do.

You can ask oromac things, he will then roll the appropriate skill to see if he knows anything. Yiu can split up, and you do not have to go to the mercenaries if you don't want to, it's up to you.

What checks does Bronan have to make to get any insight on whether exposing Varren as a spy of Arthur's would be a way to earn Hargull's trust?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Ah, screw checks.

• Like 3

500 / 330 / 625