Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Ah, screw checks.

My thoughts exactly. It's up to Bronan whether he judges that as a good move or not, no skills involved

I'm intrigued... *goes off to read story thread*

Edit: So obviously Bacon casts one of his Bloodline Spells, the classic "Entangle". Focus is on Varren, but it affects the area around him in a 40ft. radius. The idea is to assist Bronan's plan and prevent Varren from escaping, but at the same time prevent any hot-headed locals from reaching the dwarf and lynching him or something

Lvl 65 Multitasker

So the guards are going to come and take him away. There leader will question you in his office. Do you all go with him?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

So the guards are going to come and take him away. There leader will question you in his office. Do you all go with him?

I'm guessing Oramac will be going whether he wants to or not.  

Also, I don't know if it matters, but his whisper was meant to be kept secret from the guards, not from Bronan.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Bronan would sincerely like to see Varren dead at this point, as he doesn't like his needless waste of life/possible resources for the battle to come. In all honesty, he'd probably rat Oramac out as well if asked how he knows him, but I don't want to go around getting player characters killed, at leastnot right after they're introduced. Bronan will go with the guards willingly.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Flo will stay in Tent. Plausible deniability. Also although not posted yet, she will arm her bow when she hears the ruckus and keep hidden with Bacon. Don't know that we ever, as a group, decided on a verbal signal to each other if we get separated like this. If not, Flo would definitely put that in place after this, because she'd want Bronan to know, Bacon and her are staying behind.

Post will be up this evening, post as you need to as you know what she's going to do.

Cheers

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Bronan would sincerely like to see Varren dead at this point, as he doesn't like his needless waste of life/possible resources for the battle to come. In all honesty, he'd probably rat Oramac out as well if asked how he knows him, but I don't want to go around getting player characters killed, at leastnot right after they're introduced. Bronan will go with the guards willingly.

This actually brings up an important distinction.  Oramac is loyal to Varren because of the help Varren gave him.  However, Oramac is apathetic towards Arthur.  He doesn't distrust the guy, but neither is he enamored with him.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So those who stay behind what are you going to do? Wait for oromac and bronan?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I've stayed out of the discussion on purpose. Bronan's initiative leads to rapid developments and I assume our characters would have to act quite spontaneously, so expanding on tactics feels a little contrary to the moment. Bacon cast his spell for the reasoning I mentioned above and waited to see what would happen. At least Varren was spared from a sudden random death. Once the guards approach, Bacon decides to stay in the tent and tries to think of his next move as things happen around him. At best he'll look at Flo and say "now what?" :)

Lvl 65 Multitasker

@Oramac: I'm guessing Bacon isn't quite happy with the situation, but he's comfortable in improvising and kind of assuming control thanks to many elements of his character (gnome temperament, fey blood, chaotic alignment, intuitive magic etc). I as a player am a little lost with what to do after Bronan's decision -which does make excellent sense on a roleplaying level, way to go gains- and how we have to practically fly solo, but I'm excited to go with the flow. Plus it's interesting to break the convention of keeping the party together. It's not practical, but interesting. And kinda realistic.

@Teri: Thanks! There's been some interesting dynamic building between Bacon and Flo, wouldn't you agree?

@cn3wton: Bacon will be using his "scroll" of Disguise Self. Quotations are there because I picked those up from a shaman in Harglenn and roleplaying them as gadgets instead of actual pieces of paper with magical writing. I think I'll write this one as mud or makeup that Bacon applies on his face

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Just realized I didn't exactly answer your question earlier, cn3wton.  Oramac will go willingly with the guards as well.  It seems to him the best way to both protect Varren and not piss of Bronan.  (or, no more than he already is, anyway :tongue: )

Also, do I need to roll anything for the whisper to Varren? 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

@Teri: Thanks! There's been some interesting dynamic building between Bacon and Flo, wouldn't you agree?

Absolutely. It's quite enjoyable to watch them grow and fine tune a relationship. It's nice that this kind of thing can happen in PbyP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Flo will...Leave the tent after the main rush of followers start leaving with Varren and the guards.
Take note of their direction, assuming in such a situation, they would head straight to the main area/building of the group.
She will circle away from and in front of the group as best she can, watching for people's mood changes as the news comes to them.
Who rushes off and who stays put.
She will listen carefully as she moves through the camp: are folks chomping at the bit to go fight? Are they tired and grumbling about no fighting? Are they hungry? Is there in-fighting?
What are they being promised if they fight? What is the mood and understanding of this group?
Once the group turns into a raging mob, she distances herself more from any people. She'll walk behind tents and rows of trees.
Does she see more guards coming to the action or are they staying their post?
Are camp followers around? Kids, women, walking wounded? What are they up to?

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Oramac the cat will now follow you.

Thanks.  I definitely feel like I could have handled the whole situation better, but nothing for it now except to move on.  

Is there anything I need to know about the cat?  It's name, maybe?  lol.  I'm sure Oramac would have learned that, at least, right? 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Boring technicalities:

- Bacon uses his "scroll" of Disguise Self. It also alters his gear, hence the chainmail. Duration is 10 minutes per level and it gives him a +10 to his Disguise checks. More details here

- Speaking of Disguise checks, if that is needed, I rolled a... 17. Plus 3 CHA and +10 from the spell for a grand total of 30.

- Dread Gnomes: Moodier, less forgiving, and often crueler than other gnomes, dread gnomes trace their heritage to the darker, more bloodthirsty lines of fey. Though not all dread gnomes are evil, they all find humor in watching others suffer, and have little use for the bright colors and joyful pursuits of their more cheerful cousins. Dread gnomes have the fell magic and knack for poison alternate racial traits. Full link here

- My roll for finding out stuff via dialogue is... 14. If it counts as a Gather Information check, as it probably will, it's an untrained check with simply my +3 CHA for a 17 total. If you want to think of it as a Bluff roll, since Bacon is pretending to be someone else, his 4 ranks in the skill bring the total to 21. I'll leave it to you if the disguise offers any bonuses to the result

P.S. I know that kitty's gonna be trouble...

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

P.S. I know that kitty's gonna be trouble...

I don't see how.  It belonged to one of Varren's kids, and near as I can tell, so far in the story it's done nothing but sleep in his pack.  

Then again, I'm starting to think Oramac is a magnet for bad things happening.  So I guess we'll see.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Flo's actions summarized from above with rolls

• Slip out of tent relatively unnoticed (to the point where stragglers won't think I'm connected to Bronan or Varren or Oramac. (Stealth roll was 25)
  • Move through crowd, near the edges between those who are going along with the guards and those who don't seem to care much. (Stealth roll was 17)
  • Pick up what accents and colloquial phrases that might explain where some of these people came from -- are they neighbors of the human kingdom, from the kingdom, or way out of their normal region. (Linguistics roll was: pitiful! LOL 7)
  • Search for conversations that are quieter than the general noise -- walk up "behind" or read body language. (Perception roll was 27) almost a crit!!
  • Steer clear of the mob by not being in the wrong place at the wrong time -- not sure what to roll so I did perception and wisdom. (Perception roll was 16 and Wisdom roll was 12)

Wasn't sure how to use the perform or profession skills. Basically I wanted to "do" what most fighters would do in a camp like this so they take me for a green fighter not a sneaky rogue. (perform roll was 15 and profession roll was 13)

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On