Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Crazy week at work. Will try to get a post up tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Sorry for the short post, wanted to get something up.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oramac specifically.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Did a short blurb to stay in sync. I haven't memorized bbc code yet so it's all black and normal type. Kitty is coming with us? Yay! And definitely trouble!!! ha

Oramac specifically.

Sounds good.  I'll try to get something up tomorrow.  I'm out of town on a float trip all weekend, so I won't have signal, but if anything else happens, I'll try to post again Sunday night.  

Also, I still don't see how that damn cat could possibly be any trouble.  haha.  It's done nothing up to this point, and the mercenaries specifically didn't notice it in the story.  And there's plenty of dogs chomping on Varren's bones, so if he's questioned about the cat he can just say it was doing the same thing before he got hold of it.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Also, I still don't see how that damn cat could possibly be any trouble. haha. It's done nothing up to this point, and the mercenaries specifically didn't notice it in the story. And there's plenty of dogs chomping on Varren's bones, so if he's questioned about the cat he can just say it was doing the same thing before he got hold of it.

Alas, the young gamer knows not the ways of the DM! Little furry creatures, that pick smiles from strangers and gift those it loves with shreds of its own coat, come bearing more than loose fur and purrs! Oh yes, 'That Darn Cat' indeed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Teri's right. I'd say that cat is the equivalent of a cute, innocent-looking young girl in a japanese horror movie. I thought cuddling against a mangled body and licking the blood off was enough of a hint.

I'm just waiting for cn3wton to post the story and let me know what Bacon finds out, so I'm on spectator mode along for the ride till then

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Post is up.  I kept it short to see what happens next.  Still debating on exactly how Oramac is going to voice his frustration with Bronan, but eventually it'll have to happen. 

Alas, the young gamer knows not the ways of the DM! Little furry creatures, that pick smiles from strangers and gift those it loves with shreds of its own coat, come bearing more than loose fur and purrs! Oh yes, 'That Darn Cat' indeed!

Teri's right. I'd say that cat is the equivalent of a cute, innocent-looking young girl in a japanese horror movie. I thought cuddling against a mangled body and licking the blood off was enough of a hint.

It's not uncommon for pets to stay loyal to their masters even after the master dies.  

But, alas, it is a fantasy game, and I probably shouldn't give the same trust to small animals in it that I would IRL.  :P  Here's hoping....

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

In one of my tabletop games, we had a field mouse pet turn out to be some base minded demon that could tear people to shreds like a piranha.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

Remember the chipmunk for the game before this, Gains?! Ravager Chipmunk!

O: it's not so much reality vs fantasy, it has a lot to do with the humor around the DM fucking with the players through funny means! Inside joke, if you will.

I'm also waiting on what Flo finds and or learns. Not to rush genius, dear DM!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Same DM did both of them, yeah. Rathrune loves that concept for some reason.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

Post will hopefully be up tomorow night. Gyms hosting a strongman competition I'm volunteering at so after that maybe.

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

In one of my tabletop games, we had a field mouse pet turn out to be some base minded demon that could tear people to shreds like a piranha.

Remember the chipmunk for the game before this, Gains?! Ravager Chipmunk!

O: it's not so much reality vs fantasy, it has a lot to do with the humor around the DM fucking with the players through funny means! Inside joke, if you will.

I'm also waiting on what Flo finds and or learns. Not to rush genius, dear DM!!

Same DM did both of them, yeah. Rathrune loves that concept for some reason.

It occurs to me to point out that the opposite is also possible (though probably far less likely).  The cat could be a good deity trying to help the PCs.  

EDIT: Or, the third option, that it's just a good ole fashioned run-of-the-mill cat.  We'll have to wait and see what cn3wton has in store!  :D 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So imagine my surprise. I was wondering why no one had posted... looks like the thing I typed up never posted. .. try to retype it at lunch

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

So imagine my surprise. I was wondering why no one had posted... looks like the thing I typed up never posted. .. try to retype it at lunch

Does Pathfinder include 'Trollbert, god of the intarwebz', whose job it is to swallow posts whole and generally be annoying for PCs and DMs alike?  

:tongue:

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Btw, on vacation this week and next, won't be checking often, but will try to keep up with some short and simple posts.

500 / 330 / 625

Does Pathfinder include 'Trollbert, god of the intarwebz', whose job it is to swallow posts whole and generally be annoying for PCs and DMs alike?  

Yes, and there's also Moltoposto, patron deity of accidental double (triple, or worse) posting on boards. He seems to be very popular with ettins, hydras and siamese twins for some reason... :P

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I wanna be an Ettin. I talk so well with myself, I would be a natural. But I want a crossbow, not clubs. I'd need a good DEX though otherwise I'd be shootin my feet. And I only got 2 of those!

In other news...

Flo must steal and kill... She's thirsty!

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On