Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Ok so it's short and simple but it's up.

I felt Oramac and bronan still had some things to discuss, so I left yours open. I did add the journal if you want some clues hint hint

Flo can make a perception check to see if she sees the ambush coming and us prepared. Of course yiu can handle the situation as you want. I've set you on the path to join the militia because you mentioned them in a previous post. If you want to change let me know.

Bacon has tge choice to engage in conversation or move on.

Basically everyone needs to come up with what each of your character wants to pursue.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

EDIT: ahh screw it. Taking a page from Gains and just posting it and seeing what happens. :)

Good call, O. Take your character where you think he needs to go. He's no empty-headed follower. Well, I don't think he is? lol

Hum... WWFD. I don't know quite yet, but she'll have a good time doing it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Flo can make a perception check to see if she sees the ambush coming and us prepared. Of course yiu can handle the situation as you want. I've set you on the path to join the militia because you mentioned them in a previous post. If you want to change let me know.

Perception roll: 17 plus bonuses equals 26! I saw the 3 coming close and was like, Nnooooo!!!

She would definitely be interested in the militia, but would do what she could to get them all to go.

Oops. I forgot to put down my bluff roll: 10 plus 0 equals 10

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Early on, he was depressed enough that he kinda was.  But the more time he spends around the others and people of action, the more he'll develop, I think.  

It happens, especially on a PbP game. If you go back and read the story, Bronan started as a bro parody, Bacon was a lot perkier and Flo... I guess she was an adventurous rogue who picked up a lot of fighter grit down the road

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Back from vacation. Will get a post up tomorrow hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oramac (character) is beginning to get very frustrated with Bronan.  Not violent, though.  He's more disappointed than anything.  

I'm extremely hesitant for the character to argue with another PC as well, especially since it would just be semantics, and probably pointless as far as the overall story goes.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hey all didnt mean to drop off the radar. Next post will be up soon. Last week I had to work 10+ hour days at work, it was nuts.

As far as the arguing with each other goes, I had a difficult time deciding how I wanted to handle that. I could have had you guys work together to save Varren and all that, but I felt that would not fit with how I wanted to portray the environment, and the people in the town. I trust us all to know that these are nothing personal.

But on that note I can't believe Gains took such an aversion to the character. The whole only the strong survive mentality. Perhaps it was poor writing on my end that painted Varren as a bit less of a man than I wanted him to be.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Ok post is up. Trying to get you guys going in some kind of direction. You can pursue the leads at any time, and you can choose to look for/explore whatever you want. Trying to get the real adventuring going in the city.

• Like 1

Hey all didnt mean to drop off the radar. Next post will be up soon. Last week I had to work 10+ hour days at work, it was nuts.

As far as the arguing with each other goes, I had a difficult time deciding how I wanted to handle that. I could have had you guys work together to save Varren and all that, but I felt that would not fit with how I wanted to portray the environment, and the people in the town. I trust us all to know that these are nothing personal.

But on that note I can't believe Gains took such an aversion to the character. The whole only the strong survive mentality. Perhaps it was poor writing on my end that painted Varren as a bit less of a man than I wanted him to be.

Don't worry man.  I'm sure we all agree that RL comes before games.  I hope it slows down a bit for you!  Ten hour days sounds rough. 

Nothing personal at all.  It's actually a really interesting dynamic between the characters.  I just find myself in a similar position, not knowing quite how to handle it.  Especially since I'd also like to see the story move forward too.  

Ok post is up. Trying to get you guys going in some kind of direction. You can pursue the leads at any time, and you can choose to look for/explore whatever you want. Trying to get the real adventuring going in the city.

Great!  Lots of options here.  I know for sure that Oramac is gonna sit down and read that journal first thing, and decide what to do about the note and Bacon/Flo after that.  And probably get some food too.  Has anyone actually eaten anything for a while?  :P  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Yes I would say he can head to the market at the center of town. Your free to come up with the scenario yourself. The market I'd very crowded and crazy

My post is up and we can proceed wherever

We are meeting the militia split up in 2 groups (Bacon and I, Bronan and Oramac), yes? Once Bacon, catches her up to speed, she would likely want to go as a new groupie to Bacon - since Bacon was the one that stayed to ensure no others came at me.And she can thank them and get a second gander at how they treat - women, kids, and elves.

PS I'm gone for a few hours, will check back in asap.

Cheers

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Hey all. Gotta apologize for the absence, but I have been extremely I'll the past week. I have been working, eating, and sleeping. I have a plan for a post to really get the ball rolling here and breathe new life into the adventure. A jump start straight from a car battery.

• Like 1

Hey all. Gotta apologize for the absence, but I have been extremely I'll the past week. I have been working, eating, and sleeping. I have a plan for a post to really get the ball rolling here and breathe new life into the adventure. A jump start straight from a car battery.

Worry not!  Life is more important.  Take care of yourself first.  Jump starting can come second (or, you know, 327th if need be).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgglug9yKhE

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So this post has a lot of rail roading to get you guys where I want you. You can interact however you want during the time that passes in your posts. Bacon and Flo need to figure out what they are going to say. Broan and Oramac what they are going to do.

I am working on restructuring things to get this really going again and back the way I want it.

First off I will be making one post per week, though I will try to leave some stuff so that your characters can interact with each other and the world during the week as well.

Spoilers please read post first. I brought Varren back to ease the tension between oramac and bronan. I personally felt it was a good move, and I think he will ay out pretty interestingly based on the groups decisions.

Hers to getting this thing rolling again!

Also please excuse any errors. This was done on my phone

• Like 3

At this point, railroading is welcome as we seem to be bogging down at a point that shouldn't slow us down that much. Good call on bringing Varren back too, things were seemingly getting a bit out of hand. Welcome back, I'm excited to get the ball rolling again on this one!

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

At this point, railroading is welcome as we seem to be bogging down at a point that shouldn't slow us down that much. Good call on bringing Varren back too, things were seemingly getting a bit out of hand. Welcome back, I'm excited to get the ball rolling again on this one!

Seconded!  Welcome back, as DR said.  I hope life is treating you better, cn3wton. Railroading is certainly welcome.  I was trying to figure out how to ease everything up myself.  It wasn't working as well as I'd hoped.  lol.  

For this post, I'll have to think on it a bit.  There's a lot there to digest, but I like where it's going.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™