Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

As I'm thinking about this, can I safely assume this is the same Varren as before?  Not a clone or some re-animated corpse or something weird?

Also, if so, can I assume he still has all his previous memories and such?  

Thanks! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

As I'm thinking about this, can I safely assume this is the same Varren as before? Not a clone or some re-animated corpse or something weird?

Also, if so, can I assume he still has all his previous memories and such?

Thanks!

You can quiz him he is the same

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I really had to talk myself out of having Bronan outright kill Varren again.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I did a quick post to expand Bronans and Varrens dialogue. The actual full post will still be tomorrow

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I should mention, I like how Teri remembers to write about the trivial stuff like eating, clothing and taking care of her leather items. It adds a very real and humane feeling to the story

Thanks, man. I really enjoy placing myself in her boots and seeing what I might notice that may also affect her thinking. I try not to just duplicate what I think is important, because then I lose track of her story. And I'm trying to make those 'things' in my life work better so why not glorify them a bit in the game?!

Cooking especially. I'm glad Bacon is a chef. And Bronan being a lifter even in the story. So now I can find out something about Oramac that will intrigue me and keep me thinking about my days and the story we are going through with the characters. I know, I need a day job that doesn't stimulate my fantasy thoughts so easily!! lol

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I should mention, I like how Teri remembers to write about the trivial stuff like eating, clothing and taking care of her leather items. It adds a very real and humane feeling to the story

Agreed 100%.  I'm going to have to try to inject some of this into my posts.  

So now I can find out something about Oramac that will intrigue me and keep me thinking about my days and the story we are going through with the characters

Hmm.  I'll think about this as well.  I've got a basic outline for Oramac's backstory, but I could flesh it out a bit more.  I'll keep it in mind! 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Think we need Bacon and Flo to return to camp and share before the next post...

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Actually I just realized I never finished the rest of my post... I will get it up tonight. .. oops

• Like 1

Ok quite a bit of railroading. I was going to post more but i do feel like I should let everyone gather themselves and share their opinions.

Thoughts on how to approach investigating the area, who they would like to propose as a potential leader, and opinions on what they have seen. IF gains wants to add anything he can edit his post.

Just a quick note Teri you and Bacon entered the Praedorian camp, not the militia. The praedorians are a elite mercenary group. Bronan and Oramac are the ones who visited the militia.

Also the statue in the praedorian camp where the scale appears even by way of justice holding it that way is meant to represent that their few members are worth many more of others (aka 1 man worth a dozen others etc).

I promise the real adventuring will begin in earnest with the next post!

Posted, didn't want to lead everything and let others play second fiddle, so I wrapped up things at the praedorian camp since Bacon started this whole angle. I'll let Teri write about our surprise in finding out Varren is alive and spark the discussion about what happened, what we found etc then Bronan and Oramac can tell us about The Giant etc. Might pop in again later to contribute to the discussion and share Bacon's thoughts about Varren's return.

Don't think we have an outdoorsman with us, so I'd go for Flo's stealth and scouting skills to lead us into the scene. Bacon is a little shaken by Bronan's decision-making lately and doesn't know Oramac long enough to trust him yet, so if there absolutely has to be a leader, he'll probably support Flo but will not object if he is asked to lead.

Thanks for letting us know what that statue stands for, cn3wton. Je sui le derp.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

No worries. We can fault my lack of descriptive narrative

I also added something I've been wanting to for a bit now. Flo's going on a magic carpet ride, inside anyway!

cn3wton: can Flo score some weed/hash-like substance in this game. Not now, but I have a route I want her to go on and a drug would help things along. She wouldn't get it around this 'town' as she would swear everything's been tampered with, substance - wise. So no worry on a quick answer.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

That should be ok teri. I am sure you wouldn't include it unless it impacts your character in some way.

So I have no shame in saying that this quick post is a stalling tactic. I have been crazy busy and, while not stressed, finding it difficult to write up the next part. So I figured this could be a good way for you all to flex your own creative muscle. Been itching for a fight in the game to show off your characters strength? Write about an epic battle. Etc.

I plan to have the next real part of the story up and must apologize again for the lack of recent updates.

• Like 1

Take your time, Cn3wton and no apologies.

We'll put together a little epic battle. Say just outside of the town before getting near the protected area?

Fellas? What's your pleasure!? Personally, I'm going for a good backstab or two! and some distance bullseye action.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Take your time, Cn3wton and no apologies.

We'll put together a little epic battle. Say just outside of the town before getting near the protected area?

Fellas? What's your pleasure!? Personally, I'm going for a good backstab or two! and some distance bullseye action.

What she said.  I certainly wouldn't mind using Sneak Attack.  

Also, I have a rough draft for a "campfire story" post in progress too, if that's more what we want.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™