Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

I had originally intended for it to be a campfire story. But I trust the group to decide. You could do both.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hummm... I like the campfire stories. More bonding, especially with Oramac and Varren. I know Varren will be silent for the most part, but the effort should still be made to include him.

Campfire - has 2 votes

Real Battle - has 1 1/2 votes

Anyone else?

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Varren has his own tricks to use in town. But most of the time hell be recovering from his serious wounds

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Wouldn't we feel weird about leaving him there to be found, revealing us all as being full of shit?

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Wouldn't we feel weird about leaving him there to be found, revealing us all as being full of shit?

Oramac trusts Varren, so he wouldn't.  But I can see where the other 3 might have some reservations about it.  In either case, it seems pretty concrete that Varren is not with us at this point.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Oramac trusts Varren, so he wouldn't.  But I can see where the other 3 might have some reservations about it.  In either case, it seems pretty concrete that Varren is not with us at this point.  

Nothing to do with trust, everything to do with him being next to crippled, laying in the tent that we are known to inhabit. I'm not saying he would reveal anything through words, just through the fact that he's there.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I leave that up to you guys. If you want to find a place to hide him or bring him along its up to you

• Like 1

Teri you seriously posted at almost the exact same time I did. haha!   Good story, too.  I'll edit mine to try to include it, at least for continuities sake.  

nay don't. It's cool if they have a similar story. Especially since the world they are in is so depressed and in jeopardy. 

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

nay don't. It's cool if they have a similar story. Especially since the world they are in is so depressed and in jeopardy. 

Already done.  I wasn't changing my story.  It was always gonna be the infiltration one.  I just changed it so Oramac spoke after you. 

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I can't speak for the others, but I gotta say I like this story-inside-a-story thing.  It's a really good chance to take a closer look at our characters histories and really get a better feel for them.  And the not-so-subtle innuendo is hilarious, too! 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

My thoughts of the battle:

Coordinated and quick, I'd say.

I have my bow for distance and my sword or sap for close up work. I think I can get close to one of the groups and take out the main threat and then run or fight the second guy. Oramac, are you stealthy? If we work together then Bacon and Bronan can tackle the other two?

They are likely drunk which helps us surprise them, but they may not feel an attack if it's not hard enough.

What say you three?

To cn3wton:

Distances from each pair of men? If we need to get closer, does it look like we can sneak up on either group? What angle are we at if we throw or shot at the far side? How much do we risk hitting the hanging people?

PS Thanks for bringing Varren out of the town with us.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

If the interest is in saving the slaves first, then the priority should be to take out the two on the far side in order of most danger to the slaves. The ones on the close slide would most likely engage us once they realize they're under attack, which shouldn't be a problem. My suggestion would be for Flo to creep around to get a solid angle on the other two, take her first shot from surprise, then the rest of us engage the close group once we're revealed in whatever way that is. Bronan will probably rush them and try to knock one off the cliff to start out.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

I'm inclined to agree with Bronan, though given that Oramac is basically a reformed assassin (I based him on Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell), he'd probably try to lure a couple of the closer guards away to thin their numbers before attacking openly.  Which is exactly opposite of Bronan's strategy, if I had to guess.   :tongue:

To answer your question, Teri, he is about as stealthy as a level 1 character can be.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

There is only 1 visible path across the chasm. The tree line is about 50 feet away from the group of men on this side. The group on the other side is within bow range, but it will be a difficult shot.

• Like 1

Τhe brigands feel like somewhat of a random encounter and priority should be rescuing the slaves. This also feels true to Bacon's CG alignment and the reason our characters went there in the first place, to rescue innocent civilians caught in the crossfire of a civil war in the making.

We have the element of surprise and they are probably drunk or hungover. Bacon can use spells like ghost sound or dancing lights to create a distraction and further confuse/disorient the brigands. The ones further away should be taken out with ranged weapons and he can contribute with his crossbow. Even if they're not outright killed, at least they'll hopefully be pinned behind cover. I like the idea of Bronan rushing one of them into the chasm, takes him out of the battle real quick.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

What's the range on those spells DR? 

Here's a potential plan:  Flo gets to the side and lines up a shot against the guy(s) across the chasm, you cast some spell to distract the guys across the chasm away from the slaves, I'll sneak up and take care of one of the near-side guys, and Bronan can run in and do his thing at the same time I attack.  

Yea?  Nay?  Thoughts?  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™