Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Dancing Lights: 130ft and Ghost Sound: 30ft. Then there's always Color Spray....

Hmm.  Of the choices, the only one with the range to distract the guys across the chasm is Dancing Lights.  Maybe start the lights 130 ft above us and shoot them diagonally towards the guys across the chasm?  Like a shooting star or something.  Could have the added benefit of distracting the guys closest to us too.  On the other hand, it's a 1/day spell for you, so I don't know if it's worth it at this point? 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

If you're gonna distract, Bacon, then would you be willing to do it above the shooter's head? He's our first target as everyone is waiting for him. If he is distracted it's possible the group will laugh and lose their focus. I'll try for the guy with the knife and then the other, Bronan comes storming in against the bow guy and his soon to be dead fellow. Oramac, can you help me with the other side fellows? I don't know your weapon's range.

And I suggest we hurry before bow guy (DM) decides to shoot again.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Umm.  Yea. About that........

I was dumb when I made this guy and didn't pick up a ranged weapon.   :(

LOL That's cool. If you go up to the bow guy before Bronan, you could get the drop on him as I'm shooting the others.

I reckon the distraction can be either side, Bacon. Actually the more I think about it, the other side might be nice: give me more bonus to hit them cause I'ma gonna' need it. Bacon was always the smarter one. Flo acquiesces to your mind. 

I'll be back after 1 pm EST (US)

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Everyone post plans and associated rolls here. I will then tell you how things unfold so you can format your posts.

So initiative roll, roll for attacks, etc. Give me as many rolls as you think you'll need plus some.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

OK then.  I hope everyone else rolls better than I did.  

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/oramac1968/Pathfinder%20Roll-01_zpshsgqepok.png

The die rolling site I use displays the most recent roll at the top, so the rolls from bottom to top are:

Initiative  2+3 = 5

Stealth  16+7 = 23

Main Hand 2-2 = 0

Off Hand 2-2 = 0

Basically, I have great Stealth (+7), but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my daggers and I'm super slow on the uptake when combat starts.  

This should be interesting.......   :tongue:

EDIT: I guess I should say what I'm trying (and failing) to do.  

Oramac will attempt to sneak up and attack the guy nearest Flo, so he's distracted and she can get a clear shot.  Seeing that he's missed wildly in his initial attacks, he'll try to trip the enemy so he falls prone or off the cliff, depending on how close to the cliff we are.  

Roll for tripping:  14 + 3 (Acrobatics?) = 17

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Get to best advantage space possible: Fire at Knife Guy until he's dead or the other one draws or picks up a weapon that could put the people in danger. If they both fall dead or un-moving Flo will get to the people as quickly as she can to defend them if need be or to find a way to get them down safely. She will also keep watch for arrows coming from the enemy bowman(s).

Initiative: 10 +4 = 14
Stealth: 14 +8 = 22
Attack of Opportunity: 6 +5 = 11 + (surprise?) Damage = 4
Second shot: 20 - natural crit (x3) Damage = 6
Third Shot: 11 +5 = 16 Damage = 3
Forth Shot: 10 +5 = 15 Damage = 3
Fifth Shot: 17 +5 = 22 Damage = 4

Sixth Shot: 15 +5 = 20 Damage = 4

Seventh Shot: 19 +5 = 24 Damage = 1

Eighth Shot: 10 +5 = 15 Damage = 4

Ninth Shot: 3 +5 = 8 Damage = 1

Tenth Shot: 10 +5 = 15 Damage = 3

The Way

Better Now than Later On

OK, charging lets you move twice the full round distance, so 60 feet for Bronan, so he can cover the 50 feet to the enemy.

Bronan enrages (+4 STR (+6 modifier now), +4 CON, +2 will, -2 AC, +2 temp HP), readies his morningstar and sheild(precombat), then charges the bowman or whomever is the most direct threat to the captives once the sneaksters initiate combat.

AC:20(base)-2(rage)-2(charge)=16

HP:42+2 temp

initiative:16(1d20)+0(dex)=16

Bull Rush: 9(1d20)+3(base)+6(str)+2 (charge)=20

Bronan will obviously chose not to move with the target as he is pushed back.

Thought about using cleave at the end of the charge instead of bull rush as I could possibly take out multiple opponents, but I really wanna knock someone off a cliff. Anyway, for following rounds, he'll cleave away if there are still multiple combatants next to each other, otherwise he'll power attack. Each round he'll also be using intimidating glare as his move action to make them quiver in their boots. Here's 2 rounds:

Intimidating glare:6(1d20) +6 (str)+6 (skill level)=18

Attack:15(1d20)+3(base)+6(str)+1 (+1 magic weapon)-1(if power attack)=25 cleave/24 power attack

damage:2(1d8)+6(str)+1 (+1 weapon)+2(if power attack)=9 cleave/11 if power attack

Additional Cleave target attack: 8(1d20)+3(base)+6(str)+1 (+1 weapon)=18

Additional Cleave target damage:1(1d8)+6(str)+1 (+1 magic weapon)=8

Intimidating glare:12(1d20) +6 (str)+6 (skill level)=24

Attack:6(1d20)+3(base)+6(str)+1 (+1 magic weapon)-1(if power attack)=16 cleave/15 power attack

damage:3(1d8)+6(str)+1 (+1 weapon)+2(if power attack)=10 cleave/12 if power attack

Additional Cleave target attack: 1(1d20)+3(base)+6(str)+1 (+1 weapon)=11 (critical miss)

Additional Cleave target damage:1(1d8)+6(str)+1 (+1 magic weapon)=9

Hope that first swing on that second attack misses, or there's only one guy and he goes with the power attack, because the second cleave attack is a critical miss.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bacon will start by casting Dancing Lights thanks to his racial gnomish powers in an attempt to distract the brigands. If the surprise works to perfection, he will maintain cover in the shrubbery and provide support fire with his small light crossbow. Dropping a few attack and damage results here just in case. Posting the actual roll, including my modifiers at the start for ease of use

Attack (+3): 10, 20 (Confirm: 18), 1, 20 (Confirm: 8), 15, 17, 1, 5

Damage: 4, 6, 2, 2, 1, 6

If the furthest group of bandits isn't quickly taken out, Bacon will cast Entangle and try to pin them down. If the nearest group of bandits isn't quickly taken out, he will cast Color Spray and try to hit at least 2 of them and avoid hitting Bronan. If any of the nearby bandits make a move to attack him, he will cast Ear-Piercing Scream to stall one of them and buy himself some time to cast Mage Armor. He will then switch to his Gnome Hooked Hammer and use his Dodge feat against the first attacker. When it's his turn to attack, the first one will be using the Arcane Strike feat for a +1 damage to his first attack (if it connects). Should he get overrun by several hostiles at close range, Bacon can use his Laughing Touch a.k.a. Tickle of Doom to disable one

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

So Gains, I was bored the other day and made a character for 5th Edition Adventure League.  I was inspired by Bronan, actually.  As much as Oramac the character is skeptical of Bronan, Oramac the person (me) really likes him.  haha.  But I got to thinking.  His weapons could be a little more caricatured.  So I went a bit further for fun:  

Maul (2H mace): An Olympic bar with one end cut off, and four 25 pound plates on the other end.  

Warhammers: a pair of 45 pound dumbbells with one side cut off

Ranged:  Carries around four 10 pound plates and frisbees them at people!  

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.  Just got a chuckle out of that and felt like sharing.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

That's awesome. He started off with a great mace the shape of a bodybuilder's leg. Yours are way better.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The stuff will be up tomorrow for you guys

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Going to defer some attacks and spells despite initiative. But after the opening volley initiative order takes precedence.

Bacon casts dancing lights, distracting the men long enough for everyone to get in position.

Bronan rushes in, successfully knocking one of the men on the nearest edge into the chasm. The man was the one holding the crossbow. A nearby attacker strikes at bronan, though crippled by fear he does a measly 1 damage. Bronan follows up with a power attack that incapacitated the enemy. He moves on to the remaining two swinging at both. He scores a hit on the first and while missing the second draws his attention as both men soil themselves as they turn to face bronan.

Flo fires the first shot. Striking the man with the knife in his shoulder. He quickly motions to the man next to him, who draws an axe and tosses the wounded man a shield. Flos second continues to volley shots at the pair, all blocked by the man. Once the pair reaches the bridge the man takes up his axe and severe the fist cable holding the bridge. Flo takes this opening and lands a shot, dropping the man.

Bacon aids flo, volleyING bolts with little affect. After seeing what the pair is attempting he casts entangle. After Flo drops the one the other drops his shield and takes up the axe. Arrows from both bacon and Flo strike him but he manages to sever it he laughs as the bridge plummets. A bolt from bacon ends his laughter and tge man to his knees. Bacon uses color spray to distract the two remaining men on this side.

Oramac enters combat, taking on two men. He stumbles and nearly loses his head, but as the man with the crossbow gets pushed over the ledge he fires, and the bolt buries itself into the back of the man. Oramac holds off the second attacker, taking moderate damage (4), but cannot land a hit. The man with the bolt in his back rises slowly and menacingly. Bronan rushes in to wngage, distracting the men. As he does so oramac stumbles forward and grabs the bolt in the man's back as he is blinded by bacon color spray. He then rips it out and thrusts it into the man's neck. The other man, now wounded by bronan stumbles near the edge trying to regain his composure.

Together oramac sweeps the man's legs and bronan shoves the man to his doom.

OK there it is. I tried to keep it vague. Each of you has a paragraph. Anyone mentioned in the paragraph you can go into more depth with. You determine what the fights look like.

• Like 3

Awesome, will tyr to get something up today.

How wide is the chasm?

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625