Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Hey DR et al,

I'm doing alright. I have an MRI tomorrow to see if they can decipher why I can't walk far or well. Fingers crossed.

Holidays were fun, because I wasn't working so I got to see lots o peeps. I got a coffee mug with atlas mapping on it. And it holds 3 cups. It's enormous!! Lots o water pour moi.

And... I met someone! Maybe 2016 is gonna be the beginning of something romantic. We'll see!

How's everyone doing?

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Hey guys all going well. I was away the past two weeks. I am going to get the adventure going again shortly

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I'm going to write up the post shortly. I competed in my first crossfit competition yesterday and am still too sore to do anything else?

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Alright so I would ask for a variety of checks. It is up to you what you would like to try and roll for. Its based on how you best thing your character would deal with not only the plunge into the river, but how they would attempt to escape it.

Please make 5 of said checks. That should be enough. Accounting for any failed attempts to exit the river.

Once out of the river you can decide what you would like to do, post any rolls that you would think could aid you (such as attempting to aid others who are in the river, see whats going on, search for the others, etc). 

Please post those rolls and intent here, I will respond tommorow with what happens.

Looking forward to hear about your competition experience in your battle log!

Is it safe to assume that whatever happened in the cave was another vision? Or did it actually happen? In any case, Bacon would like to know more about it (rolled 18 for Knowledge:Arcana and 18 as well for Spellcraft).

Bacon sucks when it comes to survival skills, so his best bet would be to utilize 50ft of hemp rope he's carrying with him and try to hook it onto a rock or tree by the riverbed so he can pull himself out. I assume this would be a Dexterity check, let me know before I roll. Also, he's not trying to swim to shore but you might want Swim checks for staying afloat. That could get complicated when you take Encumberance penalties into consideration, but if you want me to roll, I'll do the math.

Lvl 65 Multitasker

You can roll for dexterity, we will say that includes his attempts to stay afloat for easier math.

• Like 1

Oramac isn't nearly as good at the arcane stuff, but he definitely wants to know WTF was going on in that cave too.  Mainly, what the tentacle was attached to, and how to kill it.  :P   If it counts, he has a Knowledge (Dungeon) roll of 19 + 2 = 21.  

For the river, he's got Dex rolls at +3: 21, 7, 13, 22, 5.  (bonus included)

Oramac would do his best to help the others get to shore, and look around for any of the commoners that might have fallen in too.  Not really sure what to roll for that.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Did I post my checks in the wrong thread?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

LoL, it was over in the "Shit Warriors Eat" thread. Damn coffee hadn't kicked in yet...

Bronan is going to swim (mod +8) until he can snag (dex check, mod 0) something and climb (modifier +9) out.

Swim checks: 27, 21, 10, 15, 12
Dex checks: 10, 17, 13, 2, 4
Climb checks:16, 20, 13, 26, 29

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bacon falls hard into the water, as he is swept down river he takes minor damage from impacts from the rocks. He manages to get his head above the water before being swept under again for a few moments. He manages to find the strength, or perhaps he gets lucky and manages to pull himself out of the river.

Oramac enters the river in a favorable way but is quickly sucked underneath the water for 2 turns. He manages to resurface long enough for bronan to spot him and assist him out of the river. He nearly drowns.

Flo fares the worst, hitting the water hard she struggles to remain concious. Breathing in more water than air. She does not surface and goes unseen by the rest of the group. By pure luck she manages to reach the edge of the water, out of sight of the others.

Bronan enters the water with surprising grace, using the momentumof his dive to easily near the edge of the river. Seeing his friends struggling he chooses to reenter the rapids, allowing them to propel him down the river. He sees bacon exit the river and sees oramac struggling near the edge. He expertly steers himself to oramac and assists him.

Flo has exited the river roughly a mile below the rest of the group.

The sky in the direction of the city looks ominous. Despite it being night is seems to glow a sickly red.

The group upstewam is unable to discern what lied beyond the portal, but they are certain it is tied to the strange sky and that it is not a good omen.

Flo is much closer to the city, and can hear the faint sounds of battle and destruction coming from the city.

Sorry it took me so long to post this part guys!

• Like 3

No worries cn3wton, life always comes first.

For reasons of continuity, I suggest Gains, Oramac and me post about our river experience and regrouping before we set out to meet with Flo, then Teri can post about what's happening closer to the action. How does that sound?

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

You can also do multiple posts. So she can post her journey through the river. Then post again when you guys find her

• Like 1

Would a roman assume she is dead? Things can be swept many miles downstream before ever washing up, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

Yep, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

You could think that. I'm not going to tell anyone what their character would think.

It's up to you.

Also Bronan the roman. Lol

OK, well I'll make a knowledge (nature) check to see if there's any clues from that which he could make a recommendation based on. If there's nothing, he's going to suggest they get to town and help against whatever is going on for the sake of the war effort vs staying and looking for hours or days for what is likely a corpse.

roll2+3(skill modifier)=5.

Silly Bronan, nature is for rangers.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Ha, he kinda just states at the river thinking something silly.

You, oramac, and bacon do not know that a battle has started at the city yet. You can still see the chasm you fell in, but it will be quite a hike to go back and then scale.

Don't know if that will affect your decision

• Like 1