Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

As did I. It's a lot easier to get personality into the posts with that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Love it. Post will be up later tonight, possibly tomorrow

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Sorry that took so long. Life has been extremely crazy. Had some of the best, and worst days of my life.

The group of three needs to decide what they want to do. Provide all necessary checks.

Flo needs to decide if she wants to drink the potion, and you also need to provide me with any checks you want to use to try and find the others.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

It's ok, cn3wton. Hope all is well.

I'd say sneak into the fray, ignore bystanders and focus on the bigger task at hand, but Bacon will probably jump into the fray with no specific plan (Chaotic) and try to save the innocent heading their way (Good). He is confident in the group's ability to dispose of the dreads, relying mainly on Bronan and wishing Flo's absence doesn't make such a serious difference. Other than that, he'll probably try to reach the Paedorian camp in search of the brothers or the faction's leader in an attempt to join their side and get the initial "what's going on"

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Worry not, Cn3wton!  As always, life comes first.  We're pixels on a screen.  Life isn't.  Do what you gotta do for you.  

As for Oramac, he'd certainly want to help the innocents.  Most likely, he'd position himself just in front of the innocents, take his hood down, smile, and wave them over to the forest.  Assuming they come his direction, he'd run through them towards the Dreads, using them for cover.  Once at the back of their ranks, he'd come through directly towards the Dreads (hopefully with surprise), either throwing darts or with drawn daggers to fight them (depending on how much space is between the Dreads and the innocents).  From there, it's basically just fighting them off.

After the fight, he'd want to wait a few moments at least on the off chance Flo lived and caught up. 

Rolls: 

Stealth:  18 + 7 = 25

Dart attacks (10 darts, range 20): 18, 5, 4, 6, 11, 8, 4, 11, 1, 10 

Dart damage: 1, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 2, 1

Dagger attacks (MH): 16, 17, 8, 17, 5, 9, 20 (confirm: 10), 10, 13, 14

Dagger damage (MH): 1, 3, 2, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4, 1, 2

Dagger attack (OH): 9, 8, 13, 12, 7, 14, 6, 3, 12, 7

Dagger damage (OH): 4, 4, 1, 4, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1, 4

Sneak Attack Damage (I'm assuming Bronan is threatening the baddies here): 5, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 4, 5, 5, 1

My AC is 12 and I have 8 hit points for the inevitable attacks against me.

I think that covers it.  Let me know if there's anything else I need to do/roll.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

No worries, life has been crazy for me as well. This is the first time I'm on the forums other than a quick check from my phone since Tuesday.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Not sure of the "scrolls' I have left, so Bacon will simply cast Mage Armor on himself for a total of 17 AC (18 for the first one to attack him, using the Dodge feat) and position himself between the retreating peasants and the dreads. If they do pay any attention to him, he'll go Total Defense to survive and keep them busy while Bronan and Oramac dispose of them. If not, he'll try to attract their attention and use the Aid another action to provide some openings for Oramac. He'll also try to move into a flanking position, allowing Oramac to take advantage of his sneak attack.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

So Bronan is conflicted here. At first he wants to use this as a warm-up, take out the dozen men with crude weapons (DMWCW), and save the townspeople. But if those DMWCW look like they are warriors and are in an unnatural frenzy they can be saved up, they'd be more useful than the townspeople in the battles to come. Do they look like warriors? Does their frenzy look forced or totally natural for who they are?

If he sees hints that they can be saved, then he'll ignore it. Otherwise, Bronan will move to take them out.

500 / 330 / 625

He sees they are beyond saving. They are basically crazed peasants with pitch forks

Okay. I deleted my older post so there wouldn't be confusion.

• Flo will definitely take the potion.
  • She and Varren will head back to the river and head to the city, keeping an eye for the others' path.
  • When at the city, she will focus on sneak attacks of the enemies with her spiked gauntlets, looking for her friends, and not coming as close to dying as she did earlier today!

To river and on the path of her friends

Tracking -- 7, Perception -- 16, Tracking -- 21, Perception -- 26

At the edge of the battle

Perception (friends) -- 16, Stealth (sneak attacks) -- 19

Combat

Sneak Attacks -- Initiative: 15  To Hit: 23  Dam: 2  ;  H 20 Crit. (x2) Dam: 4  ;  H 17 Dam: 1

Bow Attacks -- Initiative: 24  To Hit: 21  Dam: 2  ;  H 18  Dam: 1  ;  H 1 Crit. Dam: unknown

Or

Sword Attacks -- Initiative: 7  To Hit: 16  Dam: 4  ;  H 14  Dam: 3  ;  H 10  Dam: 2

Normal HP is 24 (after potion amount unknown)

A/C 16

I feel a little out of it with this, but hopefully it's close to right.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Bronan is going to wade into that fight then, will get some rolls up in a bit.

500 / 330 / 625

Ok once I get Bronans rolls I'll post the next part. Would have had a post up but I ended up getting some kind of stomach bug friday.

Seems I'm fighting an uphill battle lately. Hopefully nor for long though!

• Like 1

Ok once I get Bronans rolls I'll post the next part. Would have had a post up but I ended up getting some kind of stomach bug friday.

Seems I'm fighting an uphill battle lately. Hopefully nor for long though!

Running up hill is easier on the shins than running down hill.  :P  Take your time and get you better.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Hey all long time no talk. Life continues to be crazy, which is both a good and bad thing.

I think I am going to come up with a final post that kind of wraps things up and leaves it on a bit of a cliffhanger. I know a few of us are quite busy and maybe some time away will be a good thing.

This thread has had a good run and a ton of memorable moments, but I've felt that it's kind of been struggling for awhile. I am hoping to pick it back up again sometime.

If anyone else is interested in running it for awhile that could work too.

Hope all is well!

• Like 1

Heya cn3wton. I hope you're not taking this break because you feel like you're letting people down. Because you're totally not.

That said, we all seem to be overburdened with stuff in our lives and indeed the pace has dropped significantly. If you feel like it's better to take a break and come back to do it full steam, then do so.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Hey cn3wton and all,

It's totally fine to take a break. I need the rest too although I'll miss this a bunch. You have done really good work as our DM and I want to thank you for that.

And my fellow players, you have been great. Even as an old player, I got wonderful new things out of this story. You guys are awesome to play along side.

To everyone: When we're up and running again, Flo will be better for your work and company. *end of mush!

Cheers,

Teri

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Heya cn3wton. I hope you're not taking this break because you feel like you're letting people down. Because you're totally not.

I'll echo this.  

That being said, if a break is what we need, then a break is what we shall have.  I very much appreciate everyone's cooperation and acceptance of me being incredibly new to D&D and PbP games.  I learned a lot and can say I quite enjoyed my time playing Oramac!  He'll be there if/when we start up again.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Totally cool with this. Thanks for all the hard work, it's been great. I think a break is a good idea, and hope to pick it up again in the future when things are a little less crazy for everyone.

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625

If this game gets revived (or another one starts up), I would definitely be interested in joining up.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |