Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Ok for this battle I am going to do hopefully the whole battle (unless something drastic happens, but it shouldn't).

I will write the whole thing out, how you fight etc. The next fight I am going to ask you guys to come up with the story after I determine the results. That way you guys can see what you prefer.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Due to technical difficulties next part of the story will be up later tonight.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Well, you've publically complimented him at least twice and your character is dying. We don't have a healer and he's the only one carrying a healing potion. He's small, unskilled in combat and doesn't have any spells to fit the occasion.

tumblr_lybsc8CPpb1qgj4zoo2_r1_500.gif

(I like to imagine he's using a rockstar's knee powerslide to get under the spider)

Lvl 65 Multitasker

So I have decided that the epic final battle will be written out with minamal rolling. I am liking how dark raider is running the imprisoned thread. The rolling part feels a little restrictive and counterproductive for this part. But maybe thats just me. It just seems that every time its either Bronan or Rowan (mostly rowan) dealing the damage and finishing everything off...

• Like 1

That's good to read and thanks for the compliment. I was thinking about this last night, as I was studying the Numenera rulebook, its system is extremely simplified and vague, meant to keep the narrative flowing instead of pausing all the time for mechanics, technical talk and rolls. For someone like me who likes the story over the technicalities (I usually "award" levels narratively when it feels right, instead of bothering with XP and never bother with grids and the tactical aspect of rpgs) it's a blessing. For others who enjoy sticking to (or bending) the rules, constantly levelling up (Numenera only has 6 "levels") etc, it's simplistic and boring. I guess it comes down to the group and what they enjoy. Personally, I like how you've handled this, even the shortcuts you took when rolling would slow down the pace. As long as we're all ok with it, I'm in

Lvl 65 Multitasker

I'm good with it. It's actually cool not to know how I did before finding out what happens.

If you roll for us/decide on what happens in combat, it's likely to be more about posting our natural reactions instead of finding just the right combo of skills to state and numbers to roll.

As long as we keep within our skillset or mention how uncharacteristic a move is, we're keeping to our character.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I'm down forwhatever you guys want to do. I like the tactics of battle a lot, but it's hard to do round by round in a play by post game and keep things moving, so I'm totaly cool with going the more narrative direction. I'll get a post up today, I was hanging with 15 or so nerds all weekend.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Next part of the story is up. We can continue on!

Hey guys, do you want to keep going into the dungeon? I know everybodies busy with real life stuff (ive been basically absent on the threads the past week or so due to real life). I have the next part to put up whenever you guys are ready!

I'm enjoying it and it's no big deal for me to make a post, so I'm up for it. If everyone's super busy though, it's a good point to leave it at that, no hard feelings from my side

Its very easy for me to post within schedule. As the story is already written out. I meant more along the lines of can I post the next part? Theres not much for everybody to do in the room. But I didnt want to just decide that you guys continue on.

I am enjoying how it is progressing as well.

Gof or it! I lost my phone over the weekend, so I haven't been on here since friday.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Super busy days and no laptop, so no long posts on the story thread. Just assume Bacon will also try to decipher the writing on the pillar. If unsuccessful, he'll wait for the others to start swimming across to the little island, as he's convinced some beastie lives in the water, feeding off wandering adventurers

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Ok so heres what I think I am going to do everybody. 

Either today or tomorrow I will be making a short story write up that kind of wraps the adventure up into a nice little cliff hanger. Its a busy time of year for everybody, so I think a short break could do us good. Then perhaps in a month or two after the craziness dies down we can see if we want to continue where we left off, or do something else. 

How does that sound for everybody? 

I'd like to continue on now, just dropping to a post a week if possible, but if everyone wants to wait until after the holiday, I'm good with that.

500 / 330 / 625

I'd like to continue on now, just dropping to a post a week if possible, but if everyone wants to wait until after the holiday, I'm good with that.

I would be fine doing once a week. I know Raider isn't able to be on much with computer trouble, but he has been able to give me a general idea of what his character would do. I could fill in for him on weeks he is unable to make it or something. 

I guess it would be up to Ternatum and Dark_Raider. I mean I think Ter is up for it. If I don't hear from raider soon i will message him. If you and ter are in I will post the next part thursday.