Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Either way works for me, that's up to DM styling. I just saw treasure and got excited. I've never liked, as a DM, random loot myself. I need a reason for anything having gotten there. I definitely want to level my character though, characer building is one of my favorite parts.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I think what the DM wants, the DM gives! I like unusual items with no particular campaign power, but having a more curious ability or a collectable nature to it. It's always a nice change from the usual 1,000 copper pieces and a unknown ring. But, like I said, your call.

I don't think you took any liberties with Flo. Bronan's actions were defined, but if he's good with it, no worries, Mate.

I like leveling up as well. And although hardly a sticking point, I do like knowing what extra exp points I earned by playing well, not just class action exp.

P.S. Very excited that this has started up again. Thank you all who wander with me!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Im still waiting to see if Raider does anything (im thinking hes going to hold off but not sure). If hes all set im thinking your next action is to search for more loot on the island?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

The ability to walk across the water has something to do with the statue and the fountain.

To be honest I kind of messed up the description of the "light bridge". But upon re entering the room only Bacon can see the bridge.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Still here, made a weekend trip to the land-of-no-internets and got stuck there for 3 extra days due to terrible weather conditions. Will post asap

Ok Ill wait until tomorrow, then I will post the next part!

• Like 1

Hey guys know I said I was gonna post the next part but I spent most of the day either in bed or praising the porcelain throne... will try to get it posted tomorrow, Monday at the latest.

Hoping to get a post up today, have had a crazy week.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hoping to get a post up today, have had a crazy week.

I understand that man. Last week I was sicker than a dog and wanted nothing more than to just sleep. I think I've got an idea for the next adventure.

The adventure will last a month, with 2 posts a week. Posting on time each week will award a special reward that you can use to buy gear. Succesfully completing a campaign will give you a rank up token. Allowing you to create a new lvl 1 character or level up a pre exsisting one for the next adventure. That way I don't really have to worry about experience and you get an extra bonus. Also super awesome posts or inventive solutions to problems will give you a reward token.

Still working on the structure of how to set everything up. I think that I will be utilizing the OOC thread to plan everything as far as fights go. I think that making the adventures shorter will make it easier to drop in and out and keep up interest. 

Thoughts?

I think I like the idea of adventures the length of a novella fun.

I like the reward system. Seems pretty straight forward and streamlined. I vote, yea!

Combat on the OOC will probably work. I'll do my best to stay up-to-date with my posts, hopefully with witty and clever actions and chatter involved.

Thanks for doing this, cn3wton. It's really nice to have a game going.

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I like the idea as well, though I think a month is a bit short. The length is something you can play with adventure to adventure to in order to hone it in.

I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625

I may adjust the lengths a bit. But the general idea will be that each adventure will have about 8 quality posts. And a story could span multiple "adventures".

• Like 2

no we are not done. Next post will be up tomorrow.

Next part of the story is up, sorry about the late night post. Meant to post it earlier but I got a little wrapped up in doing some art and stuff.

I hope I've tied up all the loose ends. Theres not much left to this adventure, the end is in sight!

For this adventure we will avoid extra equipment/money. As we will be restarting after this one (if you guys want to start a new one). If you want to continue with the same character I have a chart to calculate your wealth so you can equip yourself accordingly.

• Like 1

Glad you liked it. I estimate that this adventure will take 3-4 more posts then we will move to the next.

I will post the next part of the story either today after you guys post wwhat you want to do, or tomorrow and I'll just assume you guys want to go fight the dragon.

I was waiting for the others to post first, but I'll get one up in a minute.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625