Forums are back in action! ×

[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

New post is up. I think everything should be explained and set now.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hey Gainsdalf the cliff goes up not down! Lol. Ill give you a bit to correct it, but if you can't by tonight no worries I will just post accordingly later tonight!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Reading comprehension FTL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I hope I didn't take too many liberties with the story here... I was kind of hearkening back to my pathfinder adventure with my friends. There was a lot of tying people up and pushing them off as counterbalances, and using people as bait for dragons... and stuff.

We are very near the end. Please roll for initiative and post your result here. Once I have everyones initiative I will tell you the order that you should post. You will post your intent and what you plan to do throughout the battle here in the OOC thread. Once I have that I can then tell you the outcome and you can write the battles yourselves. So for instance Lets say if I took just Bronan and the skeletons into consideration, with bronan going first. He might post

I charge in and attempt to knock the skeletons over, I then bash the nearest one with a club. So then I do the math and rolling and reply.

You charge into the crowd of skeletons, knocking two aside, you bash the skeleton with a critical hit and kill it. 

You can then go to the thread and post the result in whatever fashion you want, as long as it has the same outcome as whats posted above. Does that make sense/how does this sound? It should give you the freedom to write your characters actions. So it will either mean that we will need to do 2 posts on the day (requiring everyone to be super diligent with their posts) or a battle post would take 2 "days" one spent here in the OOC thread and one post in the actual thread. This is the last "test" battle before the finale. I would be interested on your guys feedback on what you preferred.

• Like 1

I have no pm with your chatacter info. Didn't you post it at the beginning of this thread thiugh?

BAM! BOOM! BACON!

Race: Gnome

Class/Level: Sorcerer 1

Alignment: Chaotic good

Hit points: 8

Armor Class: 13 = 10+1(Size)+2(DEX)

Initiative: +2 (DEX)

Attacks: Small longspear +0 (1d6, X3, brace, reach)

Small light crossbow +2 (1d6 dmg, 19-20/X2, 80ft.)

STR 10 (12-2)

DEX 15

CON 14(12+2)

INT 14

WIS 11

CHA 17 (15+2)

Gnome traits

· Small size (+1 AC, +1 attack, -1 CMD and CMB, +4 Stealth)

· Slow Speed (20ft)

· Low-light vision

· Defensive training (+4 AC vs giants)

· Gnome magic (+1 DC to illusion spells, 1/day: dancing lights, ghost sound, prestigidation, speak with animals, caster level equal to character level, DC 10+spell level+CHA mod)

· Hatred (+1 attack against goblinod and reptilian foes)

· Illusion resistance (+2 to saves)

· Keen senses (+2 Perception)

· Obsessive (+2 to Craft or Profession of choice)

· Weapon familiarity (gnome)

· Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan, Draconic, Goblin

Base Attack Bonus: +0

Saves

Fortitude: +2 = 0(base)+2(CON)

Reflex: +2 = 0(base)+2(DEX)

Will: +2 = 2(base)+0(WIS)

Skills

Knowledge (arcana) +3 = 1(rank)+2(INT)

Knowledge (nature) +2 = 0(rank)+2(INT)

Perception +2(Keen Senses)

Profession (cook) +5 = 1(rank)+2(INT)+2(Obsessive)

Spellcraft +3 = 1(rank)+2(INT)

Use Magic Device +4 = 1(rank)+3(CHA)

Feats: Arcane Strike, Eschew Materials, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Fey Bloodline (+2 DC to compulsion spells, Laughing Touch (Sp): At 1st level, you can cause a creature to burst out laughing for 1 round as a melee touch attack. A laughing creature can only take a move action but can defend itself normally. Once a creature has been affected by laughing touch, it is immune to its effects for 24 hours. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect.)

Equipment (rolled 50gp):

Small longspear (5gp, 1d6 dmg, X3 crit, 9lbs, brace, reach)

Small light crossbow (35gp, 1d6 dmg, 19-20/X2, 80ft., 4lbs)

10 Crossbow bolts (1gp, 1lb)

Backpack (2gp, 2lb)

Bedroll (1sp, 5lb)

Blanket, winter (5sp, 3lbs)

Iron Pot (8sp, 4lbs)

Rope, hemp 50ft (1gp, 10lbs)

Waterskin (1gp, 4lbs)

Entertainer’s Outfit (3gp, 4lbs)

1gp, 6sp, 46 lbs carried

Spells Known (4/2)

Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Touch of Fatigue, Message

Level 1: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Spells/day(Cantrips at will, 3+1 lvl 1 spells)

Yep here it is

• Like 1

I really like this format. It allows us to resolve battle quickly, but relaly be able to be creative with our posts. I like it.

Bronan is still at the bottom of the cliff, holding the end of a rope with the other end tied to Bacon, right? Man, I wish I had put ranks into climb and had access to the class bonus. Bronan would be a hell of a climber. I guess here's his practice for when he levels up.

Initiative: 6

Not knowing about the skeletons, Bronan smiles as the gnome lands lightly on top of the cliff. Leaving the rest of the sack's contents behind, he sticks his club in it and slings it over his shoulder, before beginning the climb without using the rope until bacon manages to tie it off (climb check roll=13+4(strength)=17). If Bacon ties the rope off, he'll use that to help him. Otherwise he continues to make his way up without it. If someone notifies him of the skeletons, he'll try to climb faster (accelerated climbing).

I doubt he reaches the top in this round, but if he does, he'll charge into the skeletons swinging, focusing on protecting the others until they are ready to fight.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I too think this will be a good way to expedite combat, while also making it more engaging for you guys.

With larger battles against bigger enemies it may take more posts but it will continue to move at a good pace. This way I can do multiple turns (if needed) in one post.

Ugh, stupid me. Kinda busy atm, will return with the Init roll and my actions asap. If I recall correctly, I had already cast a Mage Armor spell when we first entered the cave and found the goblin corpses, so it's plus AC minus a lvl1 spell. Would go back to find the post but I gotta go right now, sorry for any inconvenience

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Ugh, stupid me. Kinda busy atm, will return with the Init roll and my actions asap. If I recall correctly, I had already cast a Mage Armor spell when we first entered the cave and found the goblin corpses, so it's plus AC minus a lvl1 spell. Would go back to find the post but I gotta go right now, sorry for any inconvenience

Let's just say you did! That's a good point. From now on if your character has any status effects we please post them at the bottom. so for instance your mage armor would be listed at the bottom. I will have to look to see how long such things last...

Example

Bacon does something awesome!

Status effects: Mage Armor (#of turns remaining)

• Like 2

I think I'll take them at the same time, so don't get super descriptive with them yet. So write it as if you don't know if your going first or last.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

Mage Armor provides a +4 armor bonus to AC and lasts for 1h/caster level, so Bacon's M.A. should fizzle an hour after being cast. How long have we been in the dungeon?

Initiative: 18

A) If Mage Armor has expired, Bacon will cast it again on himself. Normally, if the skeletons are still at a distance. If they're next to him and will have a chance to hit and interrupt him, he will instead cast it on the defensive

B) If Mage Armor is still in effect, Bacon will go into Total Defense and wait for the others to arrive

"Uuuh.... folks? You'd better hurry, I got some bony company up here!"

P.S. Waiting to hear Bronan's comments on those guys that never got enough protein and are now without an ounce of muscle xD

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Or something about skipping body day! Lol... you know... it's leg day. but their whole body...

Jokes!

• Like 1

Initiative = 15

Flo will yell out to everyone that skeletons are coming.

She will keep an eye on Bacon to see where he plans on going - Perception (rolled 24)

She will find a side area or two from which to hide/fend off atts - Acrobatics (rolled 28 natural 20!) - move through a threatened area

If there's time she will gather stones/rocks for ammo - Perception (rolled 16)

If there is safty up higher, and with time, she will - Jump (rolled 12)

If she can during combat, but she won't attack first, she will attempt to - Trip

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Order of initiative came out to be

Bacon, Flo, Bronan, Skeletons

Bacon prepares himself and yells so that even Bronan at the base of the cliff will know of the skeletons. As they grow closer he dances between them, using their slow speed to his advantage. Hoping that the others will take care of them. Finally after being stuck between 2 one grabs him hauling him high into the air. Bacon flails managing to deflect some blows, but taking 2 damage. He is freed by Bronan in spectacular fashion shortly after the large man makes his way up the cliff.

Flo moves about picking up stones and throwing them at the oncoming skeletons. They do moderate damage to two of them. One continues after flo, while 2 manage to overcome bacon and pick him up. Flo is preoccupied with her own fight however. The skeleton swings, but she manages to dodge.

Bronan hears the cries of his fellows and attempts to climb at the greatest speed he can. Narrowly avoiding a plummet to the bottom of the cliff on 2 occasions. However he manages to vault over and with a mighty swing dispatch the enemy holding Bacon (blunt weapons = super effective), he then is able to dispatch the other before it can make a move, and after the final skeleton misses flo with a swing Bronan dispatches it while flo distracts it.

The goblin Fights like Beast hears the comotion and runs to your aid, but arrives to late as he could not keep up with Bronan.

So I tried to keep it as vague as I can. For instance with Flo's thrown rocks, you could say they "crushed in some ribs" or something like that. I was tempted to but I will leave it up to you! You can rewrite the part pertaining to your character and add to it of course. Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

• Like 1

I must say I am really loving this approach. Your characters posts have so much more of, well you guys in them. I will try to adapt a similar approach to further puzzles and stuff.

I cant wait to see the final battle! Itwill be an epic 2 part event!

• Like 1

Still waiting on Gainsdalf for the next post. Ill give him until later, if he doesn't post I will post for  him to keep the game moving.

Sorry, will get one up tonight.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625

Sorry, will get one up tonight.

No problem I will post tomorrow then!

Getting it up now. So sorry guys, Philly eagles fan and I got really depressed last night.

• Like 1

500 / 330 / 625