Forums are back in action! ×

Hi guys! I'm new!

So I thought I might as well introduce myself...I'm 19, a game design major in college, and all I really do is play a lot of video games along with watching anime. I know most of you are saying, "Well your still young blah blah blah," but the fact is inevitable...I'm average (weird personality-wise). People say I'm skinny but I see a belly that needs work and a body for sure that needs work as well. My cardio is horrible because of the lack of exercise and whatnot. I also am very weak. I weigh in at 175 lbs. but can only bench max about 115 lbs. My diet was bad so now I'm on the Paleo Diet and I have been for a week now (not bad at all). I desire to become better and healthier as well as stronger and more comfortable with the way I look. I'm determined to make a difference but now I ask you....where exactly do I start?

• Like 1

Welcome, lilmula01! Your timing is really good - you could set some basic fitness and diet goals for yourself to use in the 6 week challenge that is coming up starting on Monday. As someone new to Nerd Fitness, you would enter the challenge as a beginner, or a "Level One" rebel by signing up here, and then creating a personal challenge thread here. You can read all about what challenges involve here. Common goals for new rebels are things like starting a walking program, or maybe a body weight exercise program three times a week, and a basic diet goal such as to reduce the amount of sugar and refined flour from your diet.

The Level One forum leaders will guide you through getting oriented to Nerd Fitness in general, and using 6 week challenge to further your food and exercise goals. It's more fun to do when you have a whole lot of new friends to learn with!

If that is more than you want to do right now, I would suggest reading the forums and learning more about fitness and nutrition, posting questions as you think of things, and taking time to learn more about the site.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Yoooo! Finally, someone of my age (plus video games~woah!)

Welcome, newbie, to NF!

I hope to help in anyway I can likewise the people of NF are just wondrous and will be there for you every step the way~

May the force be ever in your favour, fellow Nerdian!

Be brave, ya hear?

"This message was brought to you by my fingers which were activated by the electrical signals sent from my brain through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.