Forums are back in action! ×

Tome Building, a task most nerdy

Hi,

Long time lazy lurker, have been around for a long time reading an article here or there and I think I may have been in the forum at some point some years back but that's irrelevant. I was skimming through my email and I came across the article about choosing a profession and class and all that good jazz. Now that was interesting sure but when I played Skyrim shortly after my mind made a connection between the two.

I'm a lazy unmotivated SOB I'll say it openly but when I get bouts of motivation it's almost manic. I had a bout of such motivation and thought about all those really in depth workout folders I'd seen people with and those day planners I'd seen others with and thought about the character information screens on Morrowind, Skyrim, and in every pencil/paper RPG since. . . ever and an idea struck me to build a compendium on personal improvement in all areas. A single reference point for everything laid out like a fantasy hero on some daring quest to improve his/herself so they could slay the dragon/evil lord/etc.

I'll admit, when it comes to video games it's kinda fun and liberating being the badguy but I like to entertain the idea that I'm IRL pretty much on the alignment of good striving outward but never had any form of path. The lament of "Damn I wish I had some old dude that would come present me with my destiny or a quest journal etc etc etc" was pretty common so this comes in.

For the past several days I'd been working on this Tome of Heroes compiling what I felt to be important things for a person to reference on a daily/weekly schedule while still being flexible enough that a person could pull out irrelevant sections like a day planner. A few Googlings took me here to preexisting information and knowledge that I'd been skimming off of shamelessly (Hey I'm not planning to sell this so nyah). I had planned on just doing it for myself, and maybe a couple friends but since you all here already had a solid foothold I wanted to A. Learn more from people here on the subject and B. Share with you my project (It's in the laughably pre-alpha stages sooo)

Anyway. Hi! I'm Doug and I'm an overweight, weak, level 0 adventurer that wants to be a hero and dragon slayer.

• Like 1

You can become a Hero.