Forums are back in action! ×

The Legendary Super Nerd!

Hello! I'm very happy to be here, and I hope that my introduction does a sufficient job of representing me. 

I've just turned 19, and have been quite the nerd for as long as I can remember. I've always been a big fan of video games, cartoons, anime, and tons more stuff, and I only gained more enthusiasm as I got older. I've also had a lot of experiences with low self esteem over the course of my life, and am known among my friends for my self-deprecating nature. Many times before I have made attempts to improve myself, and through these ventures I have discovered a few talents, none of which my ego will allow me to feel that I am very strong at. As stated I am a big nerd, in particular having a great interest in RPG's, Fighting Games, tabletop games, Anime, comics, books (mostly fiction and sci-fi), and much, much more. I'm willing to give almost anything a try, and discussing things at great length is a specialty of mine. 

In terms of physical ability, I'll start with the basics. I'm about 5'5", and around 155 pounds. A bit on the short side, no visible muscle definition, and a noticeably wobbly torso. I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I'm by no means fit. While I wouldn't go so far as to call myself athletic, I do have pretty good hand eye coordination, and I'm a quick learner, so I've picked up a few skills through a year or two in sports or martial arts or dance programs here and there. I've had experience in soccer, rollerblading, Karate, and several forms of dance (Including Hip-Hop, Breakdance, Salsa, and enough ballroom to get me through Junior and Senior Prom. The first two I have the most experience with.).

I've tried several times before to start a serious self transformation, but always end up getting sidetracked by something, or losing faith in myself. I'm at a place in my life now where I'm trying really hard not just to improve myself, but to improve my self confidence. Rather than keep complaining about how worthless I am, I want to make myself into something I can feel proud of. And so here I find myself. 

I've always been inspired to get in shape from all the fighting games, anime, and martial arts movies I watch (and dance flicks for that matter, which are full of some pretty impressive feats), and now I'm trying to use that to my advantage. Most other times I've tried to motivate myself, I was too busy telling myself that I'd never be like Bruce Lee, or Batman, or Goku, but this time I'm trying to let myself believe in whatever it takes to get me up in the morning to go for a jog. I want to get stronger, I want to feel like a better person, I want to feel like I can keep myself and people around me safe. 

I found this site by chance one day while browsing Imgur, it was recommended by someone in the comments, so I decided to check it out. I've been trying to get on a regular workout plan since the start of the semester, so it seemed like a great time to join, and here I am. I've decided on being a monk, since it fits a martial arts enthusiast perfectly, and I get the feeling a lot of those skills will translate well in dance too. I really like the warrior class too though, probably a primal desire for power, so I'd definitely be interested in any strength training stuff it has to offer. 

Aside from a few scattered bits of skills, I'm a newbie! I've never stuck to a regular, self disciplined workout routine, and my diet is pretty poor. I want to change that! I really want to stick to this and start my journey to become the strongest.

"A new challenger is approaching!" Yeah, that's you - challenging yourself! :D Awesome! I've done the try-fail-pity cycle before too, and I agree with you - it stinks! I'm a former ballet dancer - only a few years, and I was technically too old to have begun but still did alright for myself - so I'm glad somebody else here has fun dancing. :) Welcome!

My body tells me no, but I want more! I. Want. More!

Current Challenge
Pavel Sneaks Back In

Level 2

Half Orc

Assassin