Forums are back in action! ×

Tough Mudder

The Tough Mudder site has a training 'manual' if that helps: The Tough Mudder Workout

I was just looking at TM myself, but the next race is in February; sadly, I don't think I can reasonably expect to be fit enough in that amount of time. :) Good luck!

Remember: it doesn't matter how slow you're going - you're still lapping everybody on the couch.

it takes more than a hat to be a cowboy.

I just signed up for the next one in NC date TBD. I'm also wondering what it'll be like, but I'm using it as a goal to really push myself. I was a Marine 10 years ago and though I was never in as good a shape as I should have been I always performed best for competitive obstacle/fartlek courses because it broke up the running, and there was the competition/pride/humiliation aspect. I'm going to do the Tough Mudder to prove to myself that I have what it takes. I've always been disappointed with myself for not performing to a higher standard in the Corps (only had one first class PFT) so now I work out to kick my own ass. I hope you do well, I know I'm excited!

I signed up for the one in TN, date TBD. Training for the Warrior Dash was so much fun and I actually looked forward to developing new challenges for myself. I know the Tough Mudder is about ten times more difficult, but if I stick to my training and knock it up a few notches, I feel like I can earn my sweatband.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.