Forums are back in action! ×

[Sept.15 - Oct. 26] There is only war: A Warhammer Fantasy PvP experiment

As a jaguar might wait on a tree limb unseen, while its unsuspecting prey passes below, Alala watched the Norscan longboats approach Lustria. Soon, the northmen would drop anchor in the bay below the promontory, and when they came ashore they would be properly greeted by the protectors of Amazonia. Even now, the tribes were gathering.

Alala growled deep in her throat. She had met them in battle before. Old Worlders. At least that is how they called themselves, as if Amazons were young and weak, not as evolved as they, and that gave them some sort of elder’s right to take whatever they desired. They knew nothing. To them, the trees of the jungle were but wood for their boats, not living, breathing beings. The animals of the forest were but food or sport, not reflections of the spirit within every woman.

At her mistress’s growl, Alala’s mount stretched and yawned. The great black jaguar rose from where it lay on the cool, rough-hewn limestone tiles of the shrine and sat down on its haunches to peer out to sea.

Alala reached to the pouch at her waist. In the dappled light of the jungle clearing, Alala’s serpent tattoos seemed to writhe and twine around her tanned and muscled forearms as she reverently untied the thongs of the snakeskin bag. From its depths she pulled out a glowing blue stone the size of her little daughter’s fist and placed it upon the altar.

“Rigg, Great Goddess and Protector of the People! Hear me, Your Priestess Alala, youngest daughter of the youngest daughter of the daughter of Kalith, and who as such would have been nothing in the eyes of your people but for your many blessings!

Raise me up again, O Fiery One, and make me strong and wise, that I may lead your Daughters to victory against those who would invade our homes, take your people captive, and lay waste the beauty of this land.

Remember me to my ancestors and bless my little one, that I may think only of war and victory when the moment comes to fight! Give me success as I raise the obsidian blade of my spirit against the enemies of my people and drive the point of Amazonia’s army through the heart of the invader!â€

Alala raised her arms to the sun and the sky, threw back her head and let out a wild shriek, like that of a fish eagle. Then, in silence, she picked up the blue stone, tucked it away in its pouch, and rode into the forest to rendezvous with her scouts and warriors.

Priestess. :)

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

"...errr Look Boss! Stunties!" Redskar lifted his gaze from the Bretonnian gates towards a hill, where smoke pipes and twisted metal gleams in the sunlight. Even at this distance Redskar can sense the evil emitting from their twisted intentions. "Not just stunties. Krazy stunties. Tell Grit ta 'urry 'fer I ring 'is t'roat. We'z gonna fight good." The Orc beside him, smiled. "Yeah, we'za gonna fight GOOD! Err... When?" Redskar stood and allowed himself to be seen by the Orcs and Chaos Dwarves in the distance, he then looked at the Bretonnian before him. "Heh! Soon!" He took axe in hand, stood on the highest point of the peak, and Bellowed his warcry for all to hear and feel terror.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Redskar has the Warboss special rule

black_orc.jpg

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

There is none, as long as you stick with the required analogy of core/special/rare :D Just make sure you don't overwork yourself and risk injury

We still need some time until army deployment is posted and orders are PM'd to me, but I understand not wanting to rule out an entire day. Track your Sunday workouts, but points gained may only be used for the following Sunday's battle and forward. Some more thoughts and notes

• I was thinking of adding stuff on the first page of the spreadsheet, but it's going to be a big mess. I trust you all to honestly track your points
  • Also, remember this PvP is about fun, rp and workouts. Try to do exercises that push you, instead of many reps of the easiest ones you can find in order to gather up a horde
  • Time limits are relative to everyone's time zone. So, post your army deployment and send me the orders by Saturday night on your part of the world. Since calculating the battles requires some work on my part, doing it sooner would be appreciated, although I understand wanting to recruit as many troops as possible up until the last minute.

Watch out c3newton that you don't hurt yourself? The pushup beast of Heroes v. Villains? CommanderKidd and Lishvicious need to watch out... It took four of us to finish him this past week!

Heh heh. Just doing my part to whip up the battle frenzy... :)

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Watch out c3newton that you don't hurt yourself? The pushup beast of Heroes v. Villains? CommanderKidd and Lishvicious need to watch out... It took four of us to finish him this past week!

Heh heh. Just doing my part to whip up the battle frenzy... :)

My god so many pushups... No wonder I have been sick the last day or so...

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hope you feel better soon. I'm looking forward to watching an epic battle unfold in the Brettonian borderlands!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Rakun lies asleep, her body twitching and shuddering. The dream is so real, she can feel the blood washing over her, the metallic smell fills the air and all she can see is red. Then he appears, Khorne - the god of blood and slaughter, and he is hungry. Rakun bows to her god, "I will slay them all for you my lord".

- Skulltaker

And I officially suck at writing - so I'm not sure how much I will be doing. It is like drawing blood from a stone for me.

• Like 1

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

One question, does the chaos warrior have to group himself with chaos warriors, or can he join up with any of the units to form a squad? Like chosen or marauders?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Rakun lies asleep, her body twitching and shuddering. The dream is so real, she can feel the blood washing over her, the metallic smell fills the air and all she can see is red. Then he appears, Khorne - the god of blood and slaughter, and he is hungry. Rakun bows to her god, "I will slay them all for you my lord".

- Skulltaker

And I officially suck at writing - so I'm not sure how much I will be doing. It is like drawing blood from a stone for me.

I think it's great. Seems consistent with the character you are building. No reason it needs to be long.

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Herja lowered her spyglass and frowned at the Elven ships making for the shore.  She had hoped to slip into the bay, retrieve their quarry, and be gone before the locals took any notice, but Ranald seemed to delight in making her life difficult.  If the Eldar and the Albion forces met on the shore, they might save her the trouble of digging with the churning of feet and hooves, but they could hardly miss the chests and barrels stashed here ... supposed safe in the obscure harbor.  What in the name of the gods were they fighting over anyway?  The pirate could never understand the politics of her betters.  If it wasn't shiny, it wasn't worth the fuss.  

"Captain, should I give the order to row us out of here?" her first mate's whiny whisper added to her annoyance.

"We've come too far to leave empty-handed.  No, we'll wait ..... once they meet in battle, we should be able to sneak ashore and take advantage of the confusion..."  She pointed to a section of the strand, "..... and take control of this cove long enough to dig up Her Highness's booty."  

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Okri looks out at the gathering chaos bands and mulls over preparations for the coming battle with his cousin Belegar.

"It was a near thing cousin, we arrived merely hours before the chaos dogs. Perhaps they are the ones responsible for the mercenaries that raided my caravan. It is fortunate we were so close to your outpost."

Belegar nods and takes another draw of his pipe. "we must ready my people for the coming fight, we are peaceful miners here and will need time to prepare."

"I will do what I can to protect you and your people cousin, show me to your armory and we will see what we can do about weapons."

• Like 2

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

Thank you for the website Lishvicious. I don't currently have a gym membership or access to much in the way of equipment but that website helps with figuring out what kinds of movements and exercises I will need. It won't be hard to make some sort of lift for bicep and tricep exercises, I'll figure the rest out another day.

• Like 1

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

Oh, looks like I slacked off from the forums to make the deadline and start Malachi the Nechrach spell caster vampire general that stays back in a huddle of zombies while plotting and raising massive armies to teach the lesser races their proper subservient positions; the less intelligent being merely snacks with legs, while others might be allowed to scour the globe to bring ancient relics and forbidden knowledge to their new master thus justifying the continuation of their pitiful mortal existence.

img4d277858a275c.jpg

Guess that's what happens when I get busy. Maybe some other week... I have eternity.

• Like 3

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

I have a question about recruitment, which I am going to ask here rather than PM you, D_R. I'm going on the theory that it may be helpful info for others, too.

Some units have a cost of "any martial art, x minutes or x reps." How do I figure this, for instance, if I am working on a heavy bag with kicks or punches? Do I go by minutes or number of punches, and if number of punches, total number or number per side? I could really rack up numbers on reps, which seems too easy, but x minutes of fast punching and kicking drills is very intense. Perhaps sets of punches rather than reps would be a middle ground, say x sets of ten reps? Or does that get martial arts out of sync with how you've figured other activities?

Also, what about forms? That would seem to make sense to count by the minute. However, my Tai Chi form is so slow that maybe I should count the number of postures, or even the repetitions within those. I can run through half a dozen Arnis forms in the time it takes to go once through the Tai Chi...

I want to do this fairly and I want to build an army! :)

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Uh oh. Something misfired in my brain and I can't seem to fix it. I was thinking of the PVP and called it "Nerdhammer" to myself... Now I can't think of it as anything else! I feel like that poor prisoner in the scene in "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan" when Khan puts the brain-eating insect in the guy's ear.

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I have a question about recruitment, which I am going to ask here rather than PM you, D_R. I'm going on the theory that it may be helpful info for others, too.

Some units have a cost of "any martial art, x minutes or x reps." How do I figure this, for instance, if I am working on a heavy bag with kicks or punches? Do I go by minutes or number of punches, and if number of punches, total number or number per side? I could really rack up numbers on reps, which seems too easy, but x minutes of fast punching and kicking drills is very intense. Perhaps sets of punches rather than reps would be a middle ground, say x sets of ten reps? Or does that get martial arts out of sync with how you've figured other activities?

I was just going to ask this. What about Timed Exercises ie Plank?

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I am so hyped seeing you folks so hyped! :D

One question, does the chaos warrior have to group himself with chaos warriors, or can he join up with any of the units to form a squad? Like chosen or marauders?

Any unit of the Infantry type

So this sounds like we are counting today (Sunday)?

Yup. Made sense if some people want to work out during Sundays. Personally, I hiked a total of 4km, which I could use to recruit units that need walking or hiking but not rucking, since I was only carrying 3l of water on my back. Also went up plenty of stairs which could count for lunges or general leg exercise, but I'm letting them go and didn't count the steps anyway. Just to give you a hint of how to track exercise.

Also, what about forms? That would seem to make sense to count by the minute. However, my Tai Chi form is so slow that maybe I should count the number of postures, or even the repetitions within those. I can run through half a dozen Arnis forms in the time it takes to go once through the Tai Chi...

I want to do this fairly and I want to build an army! :)

That's why I wrote it like that, because depending on martial art and specific exercise, sometimes you count in minutes (i.e. sparring) and sometimes in reps. I'm trying to be as generic as possible in requirements in order to allow people to workout more or less however they want. The rule of thumb is to push yourself in anything you do instead of racking up reps in a way that would feel too easy (a.k.a. "Cheating" or "Loophole in the rules"). As an added bonus, check the unit's AP Value and stats and ask yourself, especially in comparison to other units and what you need to do to recruit them, if your workout feels enough for the kind of unit you're recruiting. So, in your example, you would count minutes if you just let go on a punching bag, but if you were working on technique and hitting power, you'd probably count the reps.

Just like you said, be fair and remember it's about working out, not (just) winning fights!

Uh oh. Something misfired in my brain and I can't seem to fix it. I was thinking of the PVP and called it "Nerdhammer" to myself...

Safe to say we'll be calling it "Nerdhammer" amongst ourselves as an internal joke, right?

I was just going to ask this. What about Timed Exercises ie Plank?

Planking would count as Ground Exercise (usually connected to recruiting 4-legged Warbeasts) or Bodyweight. Wouldn't call it Upper Body or Abs exercise, since it involves more parts. Where Planks are mentioned, I think I've put a time in parenthesis. Otherwise you should probably convert reps into minutes on a 1-for-1 basis.

hey, not posted earlier because I don't tend to come online at the weekend. Is it to late to post my General stuff up?

Like lishvicious said, you're already written into the story. Go ahead, there's time until Sunday

@MadMalkavian: Join up, I'll post ability options and a bit of storty asap. Hope you like plenty of alcohol in the blood you drink, because you'll be fighting Crusunik's Norsemen

• Like 5

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Great! That gives me enough guidance to stay on the middle path. Thanks.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir