Forums are back in action! ×

A complete and utter lie.

I've lost count of how many times I've come back to Nerd Fitness after an unexplained and undeserved fitness hiatus. 

That is a complete and utter lie.

This is my third time returning to the rebellion after flaking out the first two times mid-way through a six week challenge, something always got in the way and I would just stop.

I thought this time I might learn from past experience and, for lack of a better place to do it, I wanted to start a topic on the forums where I can rant and rave and update whoever might be interested to know how I'm doing. So, no six week challenge this time. Just going slow and taking it one day at a time.

To start, I did the beginner bodyweight workout in 3 rounds yesterday. I've always done the BBW but usually only 3 sets. Rounds are definitely more challenging. I couldn't do the lunges without falling over. Needless to say, stairs were not my friend this morning. That is all.

Until next time, au revoir!

• Like 4

Itcha's Battle Log

Rebel Introductions

Goal: Lose 20 kg and look great by December 5th (a bet was made but don't tell anyone, it's confidential)

10%
10%

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

The best advice I can give you is just start out at your pace don't over do it and after about 6 to 8 weeks it will become a habit. I have tried countless times to lose weight this is the first time I have been successful so far and built my habits to help me going forward. Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going and if you ever need advice or encouragement feel free to reach out to me.

~Mike~

• Like 2

Mike, thanks for the advice! I'm really trying to build those healthy habits. 

Update:

Past endeavors have definitely helped point me in learning about nutrition and knowing what's good for me and I no longer have to worry about first cutting out sodas and junk food because I just don't eat that anymore. Food, in general, is still really good at tempting me.

Am I the only one that feels like food just tastes so damn good? Like, it's the best thing. I just want it to live on my tongue forever. Yeah, this is getting weird.

Speaking of, today didn't go too well on the food front.

I did my morning walk, it was great. Breakfast was a little too heavy, I realised this only after I finished the bacon tomato omelette and was walking to the bus stop and started feeling queasy.

Lunch was good. And then I grabbed some dark chocolate and that turned into a lot of dark chocolate... Maybe being bored at work had something to do with it.

I went for a half hour walk around the block, it's too cold too soon. Dinner. Shout out to Nom Nom Paleo and the a-MAZING spicy tuna cakes recipe on her site. I nom nom-ed three of those buggers and still want moar.

Add in some miscellaneous snacking and, ladies and gentlemen, we have passed the daily calorie goal!

Yeah.

Here's to tomorrow, and waking up to a new day, every day.

Itcha's Battle Log

Rebel Introductions

Goal: Lose 20 kg and look great by December 5th (a bet was made but don't tell anyone, it's confidential)

10%
10%

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

I'll definitely try keep busy when I start getting mindlessly hungry. Thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate it. :)

Today was better, my legs still felt like death but I got through a workout and it was bliss. 

Itcha's Battle Log

Rebel Introductions

10%
10%