Forums are back in action! ×

It's Time to Fight!

Greetings and salutations, Rebels! My name is Shadri Etellingalda. Well, not really, but that's what you can call me.

I'm a 5'7 155-pound female. I love God, music, knitting, fantasy (the Ranger's Apprentice series, Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, you name it), and hanging out with my friends and family. I'm a physics undergrad.

As to my physical well-being, I'm not technically overweight, but according to the most common height/weight indexes, I'm close. And I'm weak, and I'm tired all the time. And I'm sick of it, and sick of having a belly that is slowly spilling over my jeans. It's time to fight! Time to become amazing!

My parents always told me to "just go run on the treadmill for an hour every day, and it'll help" but that's just so boring. After finding Nerd Fitness, I educated myself about how to work out, what works and what doesn't, and how to actually make it interesting and fun; and now I'm excited to jump into the Rebel community and start doing some of the 6 week challenges! I'm hoping the challenges will help organize my exercise, since I'm in a sort of "I need to work out but what exactly should I do" limbo.

I've got my eye on the Ranger guild. I love rangers. LOVE. RANGERS. Did I mention there's an entire book series about Rangers? The Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan. Read it, Rangers, if you haven't! Also, Aragorn. Nuff said.

I just love their way of life: they're strong and tough and can handle any situation that arises. They can run and hide in the woods and you'd never find them. They are as good alone as several warriors. They are amazing!

Along with the functional strength (and perhaps as part of it), I want to get into parkour. I dont want to be an assassin, though; I think parkour fits equally well into the Ranger way.

Anyway, that's me, pretty much. Can't wait to get started and get to know you guys!