Forums are back in action! ×

Psyched to FINALLY Be Here!

Hi! My name is Mickey18. I'm 18 years old (totally unrelated to the 18 in my username... I just really like the number 18), and since my birthday was just on September 5th, I've been waiting eagerly to be allowed to sign up for this site. :) Yeah, I'm one of those "sticklers" who follows the rules when it says "must be 18 or older." Sue me. :P

I've already been on the fitness journey for a while, maybe a couple years or so. I lost a lot of the weight I wanted to lose-- I don't know exactly how much that amounted to, because I didn't formally track with the scale or anything like that, I just used what I saw in the mirror for judgment. All through that portion of my journey, I suffered from believing in myths such as "spot-reduction fat loss works," "too much meat is bad/bacon is the devil," "counting calories obsessively is the way to lose weight," and "it doesn't matter if calories are processed or not because they're all the same." I discovered NerdFitness over the summer, tried the Paleo lifestyle, and haven't looked back!

Right now, I'm about 2/3rds Paleo. I haven't been able to go full Paleo, and probably won't be able to for a while, because I'm a senior in high school and still live with my parents; they do not live a health-conscious lifestyle, don't "believe" in Paleo, and go so far as to shame and berate me at times when I do things like make my own food or pass over an unhealthy side dish in favor of another ("you're just so picky"/"this is a waste of time"/"you're inconveniencing the rest of the family"). This is making it very hard to stick to my guns, so I hope I'll be able to find some support among this community. :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Future Warrior/Ranger Hybrid looking to find my place in the Nerd Fitness community! :)

I'm rebuilding my exercise and my eating habits from the ground up in the name of a better mindset towards health, so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Everywhere. About all the things. Bear with me as I figure this whole mess out, and thanks for your support!

Current Level: 0

Current Challenge Thread/Battle Log (Mickey's Road to Health Enlightenment)