Forums are back in action! ×

One lucky bastard signing up

Hello!

Yeah, I'm lucky. Lucky as hell. I've always been skinny and I'm painfully aware that I don't deserve my own body. I'm a 24 year old female, my race is elf. I'm 171 cm tall, and currently about 58 kg(I've never been heavier than 62 kg.) Most of my days is spent either cross legged with an xbox controller in hand, or sitting like L(from Death Note) in front of the computer. This year I'm juggling two jobs and part-time school, trying to level up my life. And even though I've always been thinking "I should exercise", I've never had the motivation to continue for more than a week at the time. You see, even though I'm skinny, I lack muscles. I've got enough to keep up my own weight, but that's just about it. I can't run for more than a minute without having to slow down, I can't jump for shit. Generally speaking, I suck at movement. I'm stiff and awkward in everything I do. 

In May, I decided to join a gym, after much pressure from a friend. She's the complete opposite of me. She has the motivation to exercise, she's going to the gym 5 days a week. She's healthy and she has muscles, but she can't lose weight. Last week I canceled the membership to the gym. In the end I visited the place only a handful times before losing motivation. Always thinking I should continue, never finding the bother to do so. I guess you can say that because I've always been skinny, I've never had the motivation to go all out in any kind of exercise program. 

Unfortunately, skinny doesn't mean healthy. Sure, I'm not the worst. I'm not very fond of cakes or sweets, though popcorn is another matter entirely. Most of my meals these days consists of a healthy dose of vegetables and meat. I guess it's just the movement part that's really starting to bug me. And the lack of energy. Not to mention that I'm creeping closer to 25 every day. Somehow that's scary. 

At the moment I'm still on the high after finding this page, my motivation is really up, though I don't know how long it'll last. Today I went for a jog just because of it, and I found it awesome! I found areas of forest and fields and lots of stuff I never knew existed this close to my home. I somehow got really incredibly happy just to be outside again, and to be in nature. I want to experience that again, but at some point I want to be able to climb those trees I saw today. I want to be able to jump that fence and run across that field. I want to be able to move as I wish, climb the hill without having to rest. I want to master my own body.

I want to be an Assassin. 

But I don't know how to and that's why I'm here. 

• Like 1

Hi, welcome!

I want to be an assassin too! I've not been here for that long, so I can't really tell you how to become one. I'd say: start with finding an activity you really enjoy. Maybe different sport clubs in your area have (free) try-out lessons for their sport so you can sample a lot of sports. Some variation can really help keep the motivation high, and it gives you the opportunity to find out what you really like. Once you figure out what you want to do exactly, you can start setting more specific goals and making a plan to achieve them.

It's amazing how quickly you can notice the difference. I've been trying to get some kind of exercise each day for a month now and I already feel 100% better, physically and mentally. 

Also: make a daily battle log! It's awesome to get positive feedback all the time :)

Weight loss: 73 kg -> 65 kg or less. Current weight: 68.9 kg

51.25%
51.25%

Level 0 Human - Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

Battle log, ChallengeMember of the SKULLCRUSHERS

Thank you! As a child I tried a lot of different things. Like football, handball and the common sports on my little island. I wanted to try jiu jitsu once, but was mocked by the other girls when I mentioned it. Later I realised that I should've tried anyway, but eh, that's life. I've also tried landhockey a couple of times, and tae kwon do, but neither really made me want to do it more. Currently my main plan is to join the University Sports center when I get enough money for it, but until then I'm on my own. Right now my goal is to do a pull up. I don't know how to get there, but that's what research is for! The a bit every day might be a nice way to start out. 

Thanks for the advice, and for the inspiration! I checked by your battle log, and it's really motivating me! 

• Like 1