Forums are back in action! ×

Losing weight the healthy way (finally)

I'm Amanda. I'm 21 and currently going to school full time and working part time.

Unlike a lot of stories I've read on here, I didn't struggle with weight my whole life. I was always at a pretty healthy weight but I always thought I was incredibly fat. Once I got to college I started eating tons of junk food (cause that was never allowed in my house growing up) and I ended up gaining 50lbs in 2 years. 

I remember going to the doctor's office and they told me I was overweight and needed to get in shape. So I decided I wanted to lose those 50 lbs but it seemed like it would be so incredibly difficult. I hated working out and hated going to the gym but I still needed to lose weight so I decided to start counting calories instead. That turned into a giant monster though and I was obsessively counting calories and constantly trying to go lower and lower until I was eating around 400-800 calories a day. I passed out one day after work and my friend told me I needed help.

So then I started going to treatment for an eating disorder even though I was still at a high weight. They had me eating more calories and more meals and I ended up gaining back all the like 20 lbs I lost from starving myself. I thought I was a failure and that there was no way I would ever have the body I wanted again now that my eating disorder was no longer a possibility. 

A few months after I decided to accept that I just am a larger person, I found this site. It has everything I need! I like having accomplishments, I like that it has a focus on strength training, I like the huge support system, and I like that it actually seems do-able. Most of all I like that it's healthy. I can focus on losing weight in a healthy way finally!

I guess my main goals are to eat way better, work out more, get stronger, and just live a healthy lifestyle at a healthy weight. 

The first of my goals for eating better have been:

to cut out soda completely

switch out white bread for wheat bread

get as much fruit and veggies with every meal

for fitness:

going on the daily 10 minute walk

start the beginner bodyweight workout

ajgrove//level 0

STR 0 / DEX 0 / STA 0 / CON 0 / WIS 0 / CHA 0