Forums are back in action! ×

Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year?

YES! this will be my first year - still throwing around ideas in my head. Have you done this before/know what you're going to write? I know there are a handful of people who have mentioned doing this in the forums, so this would be a great thread to keep people motivated.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

YES! this will be my first year - still throwing around ideas in my head. Have you done this before/know what you're going to write? I know there are a handful of people who have mentioned doing this in the forums, so this would be a great thread to keep people motivated.

No, I've not done it yet. I'm strongly considering doing this one. I have an idea I've been kicking around. I need to outline the story. I will also need to get over myself because I know my first few forays into heavy writing will suck. I need to practice to get better. I may just make this a fanfic (no, not THAT kind of fanfic) novel instead of using my idea. Then I'm doing it for fun, and who cares if its good.

I've done Nano now every year since 2006. I finally won one last year. With a barely 50K word piece of crap that turned into a halfway decent 25K word short story in the editing in December. ;)

Not sure if I will do it again, I've been collecting all sorts of ideas but I haven't spent any time plotting, or doing character research or anything. Then again. I've often not started until halfway through November....

One thing, over the last year, every time my husband and I talked about some cool idea he'd ask me if I'd considered that for a nano novel. :-) Which is why I have so many cool ideas...

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

I did it last year for the first time and FAILED epically. BUT! I plan on doing it this year. Going to a sort of fictionized autobiography if that makes any sense. Taking stuff that really happened to me and is based on my life but making it a fiction novel...

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

I did last year and SUCEEDED! It was awesome and really helped build my confidence. I'm still debating this years. I have a ton of ideas but none are really writing easily right now. Plus, I have a ton of school stuff to do. But Nano is SO FUN! I may just have to attempt it anyway.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

I haven't decided. I have several stories that have been on hiatus for almost a year, including an original that really wants to be made into a novel but my worldbuilding skills mostly suck. I guess that could be my second life goal in this upcoming challenge. I haven't participated in a Nano since high school!

Remember: it doesn't matter how slow you're going - you're still lapping everybody on the couch.

it takes more than a hat to be a cowboy.

I think I'm going to be doing this along with some other NFers - there has been some chatting on Google+ and we'll be starting a Circle!

Circle me in yours if you're going to do one and let me know who you are so I can Circle you back appropriately :)https://plus.google.com/100405422915061795765/

PS First timer and only found out about this yesterday!

Anxious, but ambitious! Current challenge: Undermining the Conspiracy

Find me on Twitter or maybe Instagram

Still waffling, just got back from a massive scrapbook weekend. Managed to do over 100 pages (each page is a 12 in x 12 in page, totally done including journaling) but didn't do anything on my nano novel....

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

Always thought Nano was cool, but never had an idea worth writing about. October 31, I had a "heh, that'd be cool" idea, managed to scrape together something that might resemble an outline at a distance, signed up for nano, and now I am wrecking myself daily.

SO far this week I have:

4 times gotten less than 5 hours of sleep in a night

3 times forgotten to eat a meal

Daily neglected my work to play with outlining

3 times decided I was a genius

5 times decided I was a talentless hack

2 times decided to quit

written 10,460 words.

How is everyone else holding up?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I think I'm going to officially give up on Nano for this year. I'm making good progress, but I'm trying to do the novel for real, not just a whip it out for NaNo so it's going very slowly but I'm happy with the writing. So although I doubt if I'll make Nano at all I still am having fun and who knows, in a few more years I may get it done and published.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess