Forums are back in action! ×

Out of the Batcave and into the light

On one snowy night I was born into the world, my parents chose the name Erin to represent my presence upon this earth. Okay, but really I am a nerd just like the rest of you and a little bit of a dork.

A little background about myself. I am 21 and have three tattoos. I'm an Arborist or a "tree doctor", my job is very active and I spend a lot of time outside. I live in the great white frozen north A.K.A Canada. I live with my roommate and a hedgehog named Aspen.

I have struggled with weight all my life, I can't recall a time when I looked at myself and was happy. All through high school and college I was picked on for being on the larger side. Right now I weigh 207 pounds, some of that is muscle due to the nature of my job, but it seems to be hiding under a layer of soft squishy stuff.

So why am I here? I know my kryptonite is food, cake, cookies, chocolate bars at break. You name it I will eat it like a little trash compactor. Well no more! My body is tired of the crap I feed it and so am I! So you could say that my first goal is eating better. Now that being said I want to make small changes and make them stick, I am no longer looking for that "quick diet fix" when it comes to health but instead I am looking to make lasting changes.

So along with that comes being more active, I do have a gym member ship that has become forgotten in the back corner of my wallet. But I want to get back at it and start running. Yes running. I say that and even I cringe at the thought but I want to try it and maybe come to love it.

With running I will add in weights, as well as some of the classes to keep me motivated. Not a lot of people in my personal life are supportive or know how to be, so that's where this community will come into play!

So here's to the start of a life long journey.