Forums are back in action! ×

Fresh start hopefully

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself since I joined the forum a few days ago. I've tried weight lifting a few times and the longest I've been able to follow a program is about 2-3 months. I felt good and it was a way for me to let off steam from a relationship gone bad. However, I had surgery and I wasn't able to work out for over a month so I kinda just never got back into it. I tried to start up new programs but I felt like I never had the time. I'm not overweight so it isn't  a matter of losing weight. It is more of a goal to build muscle and have a nice body. I'm pretty healthy and I have a decent diet but I want my body to look better overall. I'm pretty scrawny and I have a little muscle but I want to pack it on. I'm 5'6" and probably 130lbs.

I think I'm going to try the StrongLifts program and see how everything goes with that. I'll probably add in pull-ups or curls or something in order to build up my arms. I was excited to see that there is a 6 week challenge but I'll have to wait for the next one. My biggest problem is going to be forcing myself to keep with the program. I am aspiring to make lifting a habit for me since I know I'll fall in love with it once I get going and see results. Getting to that point is going to be the challenge.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. 

I think I'm going to try the StrongLifts program and see how everything goes with that. I'll probably add in pull-ups or curls or something in order to build up my arms. I was excited to see that there is a 6 week challenge but I'll have to wait for the next one. My biggest problem is going to be forcing myself to keep with the program. I am aspiring to make lifting a habit for me since I know I'll fall in love with it once I get going and see results. Getting to that point is going to be the challenge.

Ooh, good luck. I'm starting StrongLifts next week, too. It's getting put in between a bunch of other things, so I'm hoping that I won't overdo it. You should definitely join the next challenge! From what I hear, they're lots of fun, and there are some accountabilibuddy groups to keep you on track. 

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

? ?

Welcome welcome :D :D

You're right, you'll get hooked on the lifts once you start. You start pushing yourself and then immediately after you finish one workout you get excited for the next one because you think you can't wait to lift those bigger plates :D 

Good luck, if you ever need any support shoot me a message, I'm always happy to help psych-up a fellow nerd for their badass workouts :D!!!!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I struggled with getting a workout routine up and running because I kept on trying to go for what worked for other people, as opposed to what works for me.  I'd recommend keeping a journal to keep track of your progress.  With a strength building goal, I feel like keeping track of the numbers for your workouts are much easier to keep track of than to try and see progress just by looking in the mirror.  I have fluctuated within the same weight range since I started working out, but when I start working out, I realize that I'm definitely making strides.  Keep with it!  It's a great feeling when you start passing those goals you set for yourself.

Kheris

Level 0 Wood Elf Monk:

STR-0 DEX-0 STA-0 CON-0 WIS-0 CHA-0

Neutral Good

“A path is made by walking on it.â€
― Zhuangzhi