Forums are back in action! ×

Day%2B22.JPG

My eldest son got his turn to set them all up last night.  I woke up to a battle scene this morning, complete with the medical symbol with the snake and all!  I asked him how he knew about that, and he told me that I taught him... go figure.  Haha.

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

I see this and all I can think is, there is no way that giant T-Rex didn't have that little Parasaurolophus, as a snack.

Our T-Rex hasn't shown any interest in eating his fellow dinos, but that might make for an interesting set up...

So fun! You are an awesome mom!

Thanks, Elastigirl!  This is me attempting to add fun back into our routine.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in taking care of the kids that I forget to enjoy them.

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Our T-Rex hasn't shown any interest in eating his fellow dinos, but that might make for an interesting set up...

Thanks, Elastigirl!  This is me attempting to add fun back into our routine.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in taking care of the kids that I forget to enjoy them.

Great idea, it is so easy to get wrapped up in all the have to's. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Day%2B23.JPG

When T-Rex finds out they've been cheating I fear he might go all "Wookie" on them and tear off some limbs...

• Like 1

Day%2B24.JPG

Punishment was severe, but not fatal.

• Like 1

Day%2B25.JPG

Trying to see if I can't inspire some puppet shows today...

Day%2B26.JPG

My youngest son asked for another turn to set up the dinosaurs.  I love that he went nautical with it.  Yar!

My goodness, this is hilarious!!!! It reminds me of one of my favorite books as a kid. I think it was called "If the Dinosaurs Came Back" and the dinosaurs lived alongside humans and helped them out in a very Flintstones sort of manner except they weren't also mere household appliances.

Much, much better than "We're Back!" or whatever it was called.

• Like 1

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Today was my eldest's turn to set things up.  He really embraced the holiday-feasting spirit.

Day%2B27%2Bb.JPG

Day%2B27%2Ba.JPG

He asked for another turn today, so my eldest son got to set them up again.  I guess he really enjoyed Thanksgiving, because he wrote out with Duplo, "1 Year Later" and set up another feasting table.  There are significantly fewer dinosaurs at this feast... I wonder what happens to them in that year...

Day%2B28.JPG

It was supposed to be my other son's turn tonight, but he fell asleep as I was reading to them in bed... So I improvised a zipline.  Because who doesn't love a zipline?

Day%2B29.JPG

Day%2B29%2B%282%29.JPG

• Like 2

This is it!  The final day of Dinovember!  I had originally thought that I'd go all out on some spectacular set up for the boys, but David wanted a second turn to set them up and he fell asleep the day before and missed his chance... and then last night he fell asleep early and I couldn't wake him AGAIN, so he was going to miss his last chance at Dinovember!  This morning when he woke up the dinos had left him a message:

Day%2B30.JPG

They make markers that write on glass.  Who knew?  Anyway, David DID set them up - 

Day%2B30%2Ba.JPG

He thinks about food a lot, can you tell?  Then my eldest set them up so it looked like they had packed up and were leaving, since today is the final day -

Day%2B30%2Bb.JPG

• Like 1

That's it, everyone!  Thanks for all the fun comments and encouragement along the way!  Maybe we'll be back next year, and maybe we can recruit some other Nerd moms and dads to join in the fun!

aa615e9c5daaf9081673f0d5ad18ee34.jpg

This was great. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf