Forums are back in action! ×

Do or do not, there is no try. 

This is actually one of my personal mantras. However, I often have trouble putting it into action. I try. A lot. And I've failed a lot as well, but I keep on trying. 

I'm a happy-go-lucky gal, who pretty much enjoys her life. But, it could be better. At an average height of about 5'7 and an 'ahem' above-average weight of 275lbs, there are definitely things I would enjoy more. I'm pretty healthy, and am somewhat fit, (I walk, A LOT) but there are so many ways I can and want to be better. I want to not cringe when I look at pictures of myself, be able to walk into a 'regular' store and find something cute to wear, I desperately want to be able to wear boots that come up to my knees, (I live in Vancouver, BC, wellies are my dream!) I also have some serious cosplay I'd like to be able to pull off (Steampunk Ariel, you shall be miiiiiiine!)

I think I'm finally ready to take the bull by the horns and take my life and health into my own hands, so here I am! I'm not looking to be able to lift super heavy things (although having my dude friends be impressed by how much I can carry would be nice), however, I would like to able to run a 5k, be more flexible, and perhaps even try something like wall-climbing or parkour sometime in the future. 

I'm looking forward to taking on my first challenge!

• Like 1

Previous challenges: One Two Three

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop - Confucius

Thanks for the welcome Dradis!

The great thing with having failed many times before, is that I think I have a good handle on the things I need to focus on, most importantly my diet. While I eat pretty well, there's definitely room for improvement, so I'm going to join the challenge that starts on Nov. 10th and try out the Paleo diet for those 6 weeks. Along with getting back into the gym, and jump onto the LoTR walking challenge. They're small steps, but hey! Aim small, miss small!

• Like 1

Previous challenges: One Two Three

It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop - Confucius