Forums are back in action! ×

Level 1 Noob - Never Been Quite Fit

Hello everyone! :onthego:

So, as the title says, I've never been quite fit.  I'm 5'5" (female), 150-160 pounds. I've always been on the heavier side of normal, and right now I'm a good 10 pounds overweight. I've always been "healthy", persay; as a diabetic, I have to be. I've always had fantastic blood workups, no health conditions other than the few I was born with, and pretty good control of my bloodsugar. However, I've ran on the heavier side of things. I blame insulin and being a kid for much of my childhood a-little-too-heaviness, but I'm 18 now and no longer on insulin, so I'm clear out of excuses. 

Race: Dwarf. I'm short but solid. Underneath the extra fat is a good base of muscle.

Class: I would like to be a Ranger/Druid hybrid. Any suggestions on what to call that?

SHORT-TERM GOALS

Weigh 145 lbs

Why: Get a start on the road, and get my doctor off my back to reduce the stress of going to see him

One week of maintaining 1,500 calories

Why: To get a start on the road

One week of concious bloodsugar control

Why: To get a start on the road

LONG-TERM GOALS

Weigh 130-135 lbs

Why: I feel like this is the ideal weight for my frame. I want to look in the mirror and feel physically good about myself.  Shutting my doctor up is also a good motivation >.>

Go from a weightloss calorie goal to a maintenence calorie goal

Why: To control my weight and keep it where I want it

An A1C of 6

Why: I want to get as close to "normal" as possible. If I can get it down to 5.9, I'll see if I make some adjustments to my diet to see if I can go off medication.

SUPER-MEGA GOAL

An A1C at or below 5.6, maintained soley through diet and exercise, with no diabetic medication. If I find that this goal is unattainable, or that it makes my life overtly unenjoyable, I'll adjust this expectation to the lowest A1C and least amount of medication possible.

* A1C is basically a measurement they take of a diabetic's blood to see how good their control is. Doctors really like to see this number between a 6 and 7.  5.6 is the highest A1C you can have without being considered pre-diabetic.