Forums are back in action! ×

Reika's triumphs

Last week, I officially overcame obesity after being morbidly obese my entire adult life and I bought myself my first ever little black dress (size 12!!) and high heels.

So, I'm only overweight now, something that seems entirely surmountable compared to being morbidly obese only 8 months ago..

Some of my current PR's (still seeking improvement but feeling pretty awesome about them anyway)

5KM run: 29:43

10KM run 63:45

2000m swim 55:00

Squat: 150 lbs

Deadlift: 200 lbs

Benchpress: 90lbs

1UmUwxh.png

• Like 2

Yowza! You're looking GREAT. I'm still working on my goal of getting my 5K under 30 minutes, so I'm also jealous of your speed. :)

I've only been able to do that time once, I haven't been able to replicate it. It was a good day that day. I'm sitting at around 31-33 minutes on average. I found that doing HIIT sprints and hill sprints has helped my time most. When I started doing 1 minute sprint ~ 30 seconds rest.. etc for about 20-30 minutes at a time, I found that my speed for a consistent run started to increase a lot more.

Yeah, I've started doing some research into intervals. I joined a soccer league for the first time this summer and was by far the slowest person on the team. I think I'm going to incorporate it into my next challenge.

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram