Forums are back in action! ×

Guess I'm the latest FNG. I hear this is the place for rebels...

So like my title says I am new to NF. I am 29 years old a Husband a Father and a US Army Veteran. I am not exactly new to fitness or training but after about a year and a half of gluttony and being lazy after I got out of the Army I am getting back on the "wagon" so to speak. I'm not sure how the whole race or guild stuff works but I am really interested in this whole sites approach to fitness/healthy lifestyle. I guess I am a nerd at heart and I can totally get into this. Not sure where I fit in to the whole scheme of things. Maybe I can get advice. I have a past of lifting  heavy weights 4-5 times a week and not knowing cardio ever existed. Now my interests are very different and I am very interested "Obsessed" with Martial Arts. I currently study Tang Soo Do but have studied different types of karate/TKD and various forms of boxing/kickboxing for most of my adult life. I also did a year of high school wrestling and plan on studying some type of grappling Martial art when the time/$ is right. I started back on the healthy path Last Feb with my beautiful wife and so far I have lost around 50lbs. The last 2 months I have stagnated a bit and picked up bad habits and so I found this place online randomly and am looking to continue on and become a better human who is as strong, fast, in shape and as hard to kill as possible. Not sure how the whole challenge thing works but I'm down to start one and hopefully develop a network to encourage as well as be encouraged by.  Any advice on what guild/race I should look into would be appreciated. I want a life style change and I am ready to put in work. 

• Like 1