Forums are back in action! ×

[Ongoing] Spartan Plank Challenge

I'm assuming you meant 30 seconds here...great job! If you did plank for 30 min, call Guinness :D

OH WAIT! BACK THAT TRUCK UP! I did mean 30 sec(BEESKNEES THAT WAS A BAD TYPO! *face-palm of the century*)

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

[KEEPING MY EYES OPEEENN!](WHATTUP Taylor Swift reference)

Day4--30 SECONDS!!

I am having fun with this.

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain", co-produced by "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 1

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

Day four already, way to go :) I guess I'm starting on day 17, but really this is only my second day. 120 seconds again. It still feels like a limit, I can't imagine doing 150 tomorrow :|

That's something you leave for tomorrow to decide~ CHILLAX for today! You have earned the awesomeness for the planking.

Spoiler

Quote:

Day 1: 34 sec.

Day 3: 28 sec. (I was also partially intoxicated, not sure how that played a role...but eh...maybe? But...drunk planks are pretty fun, if nothing else :D )

Day 5: 18 sec. (I did it today just because I didnt want to say I didn't plank at all, but I have had a SEVERE allergic reaction to some candles I bought, and am struggling to breathe today...so I didnt push myself even a little with this)

Day 10: 43 sec. so an improvement..a slow one, but still an improvement...as usual, I need to be more consistent.

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Oh! I want in!

Baseline: 70 secs. after that I felt my form was starting to suffer and stopped.

I started beginner bodyweight workouts a week ago, but my 4 year old loved the plank and he makes me do it almost everyday with him, so maybe this does not count as day 1? I've been doing it for 4 days... he makes me push harder on the plank, because he (being a kid) is in better shape than me, and can do at least 30 secs...

But to be honest? I feel ashamed now, because so far I've been stopping at 20-30 secs during my workouts... and all it took was some competition to get me to 70 secs! looks like I've been holding back when working out! (so, thanks?)

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Also, here is a video of the 4.5 hour plank guy (53 sec video)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/11127633/Chinese-police-officer-Mao-Weidong-sets-plank-world-record.html

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed... I was expecting him to look like ShaunT at least... with the crazy abs. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill to be as fit and look as fit as that guy... but I was expecting more muscle definition from a guy who can do 4.5 freaking hours planks.

Maybe he lives on donuts and chocolate like me... appearance is pretty much all diet... I'm in awe of his ability!

OMG! DOUGHNUTS AND CHOCOLATE. IMA. COMING! Wait for meeeee~ *zips through time and space*

Spoiler

Quote:

I did a 40 sec plank yesterday~ Going to take a breather now. These planks are very dope!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

I don't know if I'll follow the program. I'm just going to shoulder it and try to do at least 15 secs more each day.

Today: 90 secs.

• Like 2

I ate both today :) YAY, btw! Just planked 150 seconds! Not sure why it seems to be using my quads more than any other body part... Huh.

are you sucking in your abs and have your back straight? if you aren't it can be more of a quad feeling. There is a video on page 1 to check your form if you need it :) 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I did a 60 sec and a 45 sec today as part of my workout. feels like a step back but planking is hard, esp. when you are already tired.

• Like 2

Good point - I thought I was - I'll have to unscrew my mirror and put it on the floor to check. I think it might be the fact that my quads were highly worked yesterday with cycling on top of squats on top of tae kwon do. They are very sore today!

ahhh if you had sore quads to start with, its could just be that...see how it goes when you arent already sore? 

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I haven't been doing my planks, keep forgetting to.. but I usually can do around 30 seconds before I start to succumb to the pain and drop. So I guess being that it's Wednesday tomorrow, I will start at Day 3 :)

• Like 1

Zendikara

Level 1

Night Elf Adventurer

STR  2 ||  DEX  1 ||  STA 1 || CON 1 ||WIS 9 || CHA 3

Between Heaven and Hell

Nerfiwrich challenge

Previous Challenges =11/10/14

Goal: Pay off Visa

12%
12%

Day 9! 46.67 sec.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quote:

Not sure if I'm going faster or slower than the suggested program, but so far, adding 10secs each day seems doable and its working for me.

Today, 120 seconds (cue self-congratulatory pat in the back).

Ocelot, I'm closing the gap between us both. Will you race me to the goal? hehehe. 

• Like 2

woe y'all are doing great! I keep forgetting to do them and the days I do are very sad :(

buuuuut...I can improve, and I shall

the suggested program is just that, a suggestion, do ehat will get you there :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Bekah, my memory sucks big time. the only reason I do them daily is because they are on my daily to-do list (check out habitrpg.com if you don't have one).

• Like 1