Forums are back in action! ×

Hello hello hello!

Student Dr. Essie reporting for duty!

Nice to finally be on the boards after *coughmumble* 4 years *cough* of lurking like an unmotivated creeper. Call me Essie - I'm a 3rd year medical student looking to get healthy so I don't feel quite as hypocritical when lecturing my patients on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. While I'm not exactly overweight at 5'7" and 133 lbs, and I do exercise a few days a week (admittedly, on a treadmill), I know I'm not nearly at the level of fitness or health that I was once upon a time in the far away land known as undergrad. In fact, my own kick in the butt just came last Monday, when I ended up being a patient myself in the ER. Let me tell you, it's really weird being on that side of the bed when you're used to being the one putting in the IVs and handing out the Dilaudid (which is a truly awful drug, my God, I never want to go through that crap again).

So! I'm ready to get down and get fit. No more days of Clif bars and caffeine to get me through the crazy. Still reading a lot of things around here to try and figure out where to start, but I just signed up for the Academy, so hopefully things'll begin rolling soon! Can't wait. :)

• Like 2

Welcome!

Although from what I hear about the whole medical student process, you may be stuck with caffeine and Clif bars for a while yet.  

Good luck!