Forums are back in action! ×

I've been hooked on Nerd Fitness blog for a couple of years now...but just now decided to join the Forum.  

I am definitely a nerd, A CPA/CFA/MBA who does risk management consulting and software for banks...health and fitness info junkie.  I'll try just about anything to "Level Up" if it has a strong scientific or practical basis behind it!

I am a 47 year old mother of 4.  3 years ago I had a BMI of 30 and a lot of annoying related health problems.  I decided "enough is enough".  I wasn't willing to go down the path of relying on medications, I knew I had to get fit!

I lost 75 pounds with a combination of Intermittent Fasting, a lowish carb + highish protein diet, miles of walking each day, a standing desk, and moderate strength training.  I went from a size 16W to a size 4 and brought my BMI down to 21!  All my health problems vanished and I'm ready to move into middle age strong and healthy.

Admittedly, I slipped lately.  It started with the Halloween candy, which I haven't allowed myself to eat for many years.  This year, I said, "Why not?  I've been so good for so long, I deserve to enjoy it for once."  This triggered a foray into treats and carbs that resulted in a 15 pound weight gain.  Ugh.

So Thanksgiving is over and it is out of my system.  I'd like to drop this 15 pounds, and spend 2015 focusing on fitness rather than weight.

Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to meeting you all!