Forums are back in action! ×

I have been stalking NF for about a year now, and I realized it would be more beneficial if I reached out to others like me.

I weight train with someone three times a week, I have a great meal plan and I have come a very long way. Other than those training sessions, I have no motivation to do anything. In my head I tell myself I want to go home and workout, that I will do it today. Then I get home, see my couch and :plop:. I am really close to my ideal weight, and like a lot of the articles on here have shown that sometimes that weight isn’t really what we were looking for all along.

The biggest problem I have, is motivation. You would think now that I have admitted that, I will be able to work through it, but it is really hard. I feel like a huge part of it is, that I need someone to workout with me, and I don’t have that. I moved about 3 years ago, and that’s when I exploded (in weight). Trying to get someone to workout with me is, for lack of better phrase, pulling teeth. I know what to do in the gym, I know what to do period. I don’t feel comfortable in the gym. So, I know, I know, I could workout at home. But that couch….

These are my 3 goals:

Running on 3 days I am not training with someone.

Getting the courage to go to the gym and do a full workout, so I can stop training with someone.

Learn more about food, so I may expand my diet.

Reasons for a healthy lifestyle:

Hereditary health concerns.

I live near the beach.

Confidence.

What I am hoping to get out of this:

That push.

Motivation.

Feeling like I belong?

Thank you for taking the time in reading this. I am hoping now that I have stepped out of my comfort zone and became an actual part of this, I may continue to make some progress.

Thanks again!

Meg