Forums are back in action! ×

Lost my inner dragon - JLE819

Wow.  I had a big hiccup in my life.  My 12 year old son went to the hospital, and I fell off the wagon completely.  Stress eating, no exercise, poor sleep, and piling on the pounds like there's no tomorrow.  And I succumbed to my addiction (back to day 1 of sobriety).  I lost sight of my inner dragon.  I quit my 6WC 2 right smack dab in the middle of things.  What a mess.

But now it's time to respawn.  Time to climb back onto the wagon.  Time to adjust my 6WC 2 a little bit to fit the facts that I fell, and I am obviously needing to change my challenge to that I still have a chance for success.  A mulligan, do-over, restart.

My son came home from the hospital yesterday.  And so now he is finally home.  And while I started this particular day off on the wrong foot, I'm thinking that I can still salvage it.  And although the 6WC 2 is halfway over, I can still tweak my mission so that I can find a measure of success.  I'll have to give the details some thought . . . but this is something I can do.

Some of my worries:  hospital bills are huge.  my son needs a lot of specialized testing and treatments, and those are tricky to find and pay for.  my employer is reducing my hours and I'm losing my benefits.

I'm ready to admit I have a lot of challenges, and that i need a lot of help to overcome them.

• Like 1

A year from now, you may wish you had started today.

You say you think you can salvage the day- truth is no matter what you did during the day as long as decide to turn it around it will always be salvaged. Don't think, do and it will happen :) 

Things to put your mind at ease a little bit- any charges your son had at the hospital will be covered by the insurance you had at the time. Even if you lose benefits next month and you get bills for treatments the month after that you can send them through the claim process of the insurance you were covered under at the time of treatment. 

Also, check out your state health care exchange, if you meet the income requirements you'll also get a gov. subsidy towards payment for it so affordable coverage may be a lot more affordable than you think :D If you need help with any benefit coverage info let me know, it's what I do for a living!

Good luck on setting stuff straight and getting back on track!!!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both