Forums are back in action! ×

Rez Point: Hey, I know how to do this!

I have been...misbehaving as of late. I know WHAT to do (at least to start). I just need to apply it instead of saying Oops, I died, Game Over, where's the cookies?

So, what I will do:

1) Reasonably low carb during the week. Under 75g/day. 1 break day per weekend. Track food consumption. Eat at least 1600 kcal per day. Eat breakfast.

2) Get off my butt. Earn my screen time outside of work with exercise. Jump on the kids' trampoline. Use the kettlebell. Some type of exercise in excess of 10,000 steps every day (ie, if I hit 10,000 steps, it counts as exercise).

3) Don't eat things I know I don't react well to, unless specifically testing my reaction. No grains (except on my 1 weekend day), no added citric acid.

So, anybody want to be a text accountabilibuddy?

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. - Joan Gussow

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Cicero

Current Quest Previous 1 2 3 4 (formerly known as Twibble)

Dinner tonight: veggie tray soup. As in, the veggie tray at church didn't get touched and was sent home with me. I'll chop up the carrots and the celery and toss them in the pot once my bits of stock melt. I have a bag of frozen diced onions and some shredded chicken in the freezer. This could turn out pretty well!

• Like 1

Pfffft. Too many carrots makes soup sweet. Blech. Yay for sweet potatoes already cooked in the freezer.

So, I figured I've already blown today by starting off with a Dr. Pepper and GF cheese crackers. I thought I'll start tomorrow. NAH. Workout done. Swung the kettlebell a bit, then did some DDP Yoga. It's been a while. I need to do more...

• Like 1

I'm back under my pre-Thanksgiving Day weight. Woohoo!

Abs are telling me that I did do something yesterday, but they're not being cranky about it. Waiting on the coffee pot right now. If I didn't know I'd trip on it later, I'd be tempted to bring the kettlebell into the kitchen while it's brewing...

• Like 1

Thanks.

It's a good thing I had milk and a piece of dark chocolate in the fridge, otherwise I'd still be way under on calories. Unless, of course, the potato was actually a large one, not a medium one. I did play with the kettlebell this morning a bit. And fried potatoes in cast iron. That counts as a workout, right? ;-)

Things to do tomorrow:

-Salt my water (I tend not to add much salt when cooking from scratch and feel much better when I add some in)

-Figure out something to eat in the afternoon around 2 or 3 so I don't threaten to eat out or grab a Snickers because I'm feeling out of it.