Forums are back in action! ×

Only 98% Confused So Far

Hello everybody. *waves* My name's Amber, and I'm completely new here, and mostly new to fitness in general. I found this site through a link to one of the articles (the respawn day one). I don't exactly understand most of what's going on, but I'm hoping if I wander around enough and start poking things with a stick, I'll get the hang of it (or get killed dead by poking the wrong thing). I've been overweight for about two decades or so, and I've tried the weight loss thing so many different times, and failed every time so far. Until now. I've been somewhat on track since the beginning of October, when I joined a DietBet. I didn't win, because 11 pounds lost in 28 days was too high of a goal for me when I was starting a few miles away from the starting line, but it made me start getting serious about losing weight and getting fit. I've been doing pretty good so far, which is a new experience for me. The fact that I've lasted longer than a month means every day is a new record. ^_^ Anyway, I've been a tabletop RPG geek for over 12 years now, and I've been a biblionerd since birth. Once I know what's going on, I'd love to start making new friends, and if I can figure out the challenges, those might be something interesting to do as well. I'm in the middle of a Harry Potter-themed challenge on MyFitnessPal right now, and that's made of fun and win. I'mma Hufflepuff. :chuncky:

My long-term goals are:

• lose as much weight as I can while still being healthy
  • be able to go for long runs
  • get some upper body strength for the first time in my life

My current goals are:

• learn how to use this site
  • finish the Hogwarts Fitness Challenge on MFP
  • learn how to actually drink enough water each day to not be constantly dehydrated (I'm bad at that)
  • eat more vegetables
  • make friends on here ^_^
  • start C25K soon
  • lose weight slowly so that'll it stay off, and then make it stay off
  • make an awesome character on here
  • get in shape enough to start riding my bike when spring comes

Yeah, all that sounds good for now. If anybody has any helpful suggestions for diet/fitness stuff, I'd love to hear them. If they can teach me how to use the forums on here, I will build a shrine to them and leave offerings at it every day for a year (or at least be incredibly grateful, one of those two).

• Like 1

:devilish:  When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West :devilish:

Welcome, VampAmber!

So glad you popped in to say hi and plan on sticking around.

Gosh? A shrine? Hummm.  :playful:

To start, you are following this thread -- WIN!

Check out these links -- they're also listed above on most pages -- to get an idea of what we're about and what you can do.

Challenge FAQs Challenge Instructions

Also check out the Level 1 Juice Bar. This is a great place to say hi. Lots of folks there, and in all the other guilds as well, will be glad you did. Make yourself at home.

And feel free to ask any Guild Leader or Ambassador any questions. If we don't know the answer, at least we know where to go to get them and run them back to you ASAP! lol Our titles are under our profile pics. You can get great info from Blaidd as she is the Level 1 Rebel Guild Leader!

Again so glad you came in. We look forward to seeing you around the site!

Cheers!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Amber! I am also a hufflepuff! Can we be friends on myfitnesspal? My username on there is asphodelbat (a throwback to my pottermore name :)

Okay so now that that's out of the way, hi. I'm Erin. I'm respawning atm—I've been poking things with a stick for a couple of years now and I always find it hard to stick to things and keep the weight off. But I am interested in your goals because I have similar ones. Also, I need buddies to help me on my fitness journey. So this is basically me saying, I think you're cool. Can we be fitness buddies?

that girl writes

race: awesome/class: ranger

I post a lot on instagram

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."