Forums are back in action! ×

A year and a half ago I tried crossfit and I really liked it..(wait for it) BUT (you knew a but was coming, right?).  

I really liked it but...

the coach was half my age and I felt shamed into adding weights when I didn't have the form down

I kept injuring myself

I had gum graft surgery and couldn't exercise for 4 weeks recovery

I put my boys schedule ahead of my own schedule

summer vacation

started working again after 15 years

added a 2 hour commute to my day

Recently, I respawned - not with the crossfit, but with my weight loss struggle.  I kept doing the same thing over and over and over again and kept failing until one day I said "screw this" and signed up for 3010 weight loss for life.  I quit messing around and tried something new.  And it worked!  I lost the 30 pounds I'd been trying (and failing) to lose the past 3 years.  It wasn't perfect though and now I'm dealing with some serious saggy skin.  And what is good for saggy skin - lifting weights.  So I'm back to looking at crossfit...

And then - I read Steve's post today.  Respawn.  Try again.  Just do it.  Do it meow, use your oar (geico commercial).  I decided immediately to stop LOOKING at crossfit and sent the owner of my old gym a note asking if I can come back without having to repeat the ramp up class.  Right on the spot - opened a new window next to Steve's article.  He replied about 20 minutes later giving me the green light.  So I'm going to go for it.  2 times a week for the next three weeks and if it goes well I'll rejoin the gym.  If not then I'm going to do the 6 weeks/100 squats training program.  Already got an app on my phone.  Either way, heavy lifting is in my future.

I'm ready, my saggy butt is ready.  We thank you in advance for your support and encouragement :)

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge

I don't get to say this to people often, but, congratulations on the saggy skin!  Getting 30 pounds off is a huge deal!  I hope the crossfitting goes well.  Good on you for heading back into it after being out for a while.  Onward and upwards!   Congrats again!

b33f4a18848b1be013cb3fadb1412f73.jpg

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Update:  My ass is still saggy but it is going to Crossfit Amped twice weekly now.  I officially rejoined my old gym after the trial period I mentioned in the original post.  The coaches I'm working with now are really great about telling me how to modify the WOD so I don't over do it.  I've also added one day of yoga.  I've been able to maintain the weight loss which has been a struggle in the past.  Keeping a food log has been the key to my success (and cooking classes).

mom2sjm
Rock Gnome Rebel

Level 28

current challenge