Forums are back in action! ×

wipes the condensation away and peeks through window

Hmm what's gonig in here?

Nerd Fitness...I consider myself more of a geek than a nerd but hey....fitness.

*Slowly opens door The smell of sweet and musk fills my nostrils*

Well then fitness indeed!

Hello! Former PC gamer who's decided, no more games. I need to change my way of life and focus more on the real world.

Searching around the interwebs I've stumbled across this site mulitple times and have decided why not join("We accept her(umm him), we accept her(*cough*him). One of us, one of us. Gooba-gobble, gooba-gobble"), this will allow me to keep some of my nerd qualities while engaging in my physical activities.

I have been lurking around all morning as I work the 3rd shift and came to the conclusion that cross fitness is what I need to do. I played around with some RPG guide here that said I am more a Ranger than anything else, which is funny and well fitting since I love playing a ranger class in any of the RPG games I played.

I am a former US Marine '97-01 that became a desk jockey.  Being a computer operator in the banking industry for 13 years I have become slow and squishy not to mention embarrased of my physique

After being diagnosed with a Hyperthyroid and losing a significant amount of weight with my lowest being 147 I figured I need to do something immediaetly. I started eating healthier and running. I've also decided on a career change of becoming a police officer. I started running a few weeks back not being to go more than half a mile. Now I can do one and a half miles at a 10 minute per mile pace. I need more so putting together a battle plan from different elements of this site I will hopefully reach my short and long term goals.

I will start a blog or thread or whatever here to keep track of my progress and share my successes and failures. Maybe I can even motivate someone who happens to stumble across my stuff.

As I am new to crossfit if anyone would like to throw some links at me for good reading I would appreacate anything.

TLDR;

I am sloth, now I want to pick things up and put them down.

Sir Shaggs

Xeph Level  newb aspiring to ranger

Battle log

Six week challenge