Forums are back in action! ×

So.. I got hurt from trying to do an military press with too much weight. I've been so terrified of lifting weights again because I couldn't even do pushups, which are required for me in the military. Later, went to Red Flag in Alaska and worked 12 hour shifts, eating the Box-Nasties. Things spiralled form there to me gaining about 20 pounds, putting me at the 220 lbs area. I've never been this heavy in my life and my health has suffered because of it. I sleep 15 hours a day becasue I'm always tired, I have really bad acid relfux again and I've been getting really bad headaches. Mum has signed myself, her and my sis up for a marathon on 12 Apr and I have a PT test in March, meaning I have to get back up on the horse and start working out again. Problem I have now is we just started practice for war and I get to work the 12's again and then it's Xmas and New Years. i brought food that should let me diet some during this time, but I'm owrried that the stress is going to make it worse. I start the workout stuff in two weeks, when the practice ends and its after Holiday Party. Dr said he's going to put me on a strict diet starting the 19th, after bloodwork comes back. Here's hoping it works and that I can eat Chow Hall food, because buying food here in Northern Japan is extremely expensive!

• Like 1

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"

You can do it, friend!  Remember, one step at a time.  When we try to do everything at once we usually collapse.  For now, it looks like following your doctor's diet and working out safely without getting re-injured are good goals to start with.  You got this!

Sky Pirate Monk

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

NF Character

Battle Log

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit - Vyse the Blue Rogue

One day at a time! Don't think about the days that will hinder you. Lets add them up. You have 128 days between now and April 12. 2 of those 128 are holidays. The rest of the days you can take on one at a time with small changes. 

Start walking a few times a week and try for a light jog when you feel up to it. Use those healthy foods and make yourself a deal if you have some extra cash. Get through each of the weeks leading up to the holidays yields a prize. Skipped those Christmas cookies and bypassed that extra beer? Boom, new game or new gear you've been eyeing. Turn your days healthier one bit at a time and start revvin up those miles as Spring gets closer, finish those 26 miles with a smile on your face :D 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Have my appt for this firday to get started. This week sucked and i can't wait until it's over and i can actually sleep again.

Thank you for the advice and encouragment!

EDIT: Had Appt with nutrition Lady and she gave me 1500-1850 calories to work with per day and a list of times when I'm allowed to eat (usually I snack on so much crap that I don't eat lunch or dinner and I need this kind of strict thing to make sure I follow it)

I have a followup next month to make sure that I'm on track

• Like 1

Level 1 Half Dwarf Adventurer

Stats: 10 points to use (Yes, I'm an Exp hoarder)

"Cut through the heart, cold and clear... Strike for love and strike for fear... There's beauty and there's danger here...Split the ice apart...
Beware the frozen heart"

-"Frozen Heart" from the Movie "Frozen"