Forums are back in action! ×

Time to take my life back

Hi, there! I recently discovered this community and with this dedication to taking my life back figured it would be a good thing to join and have a community at my back.

When I was in high school, I was extremely active and would be constantly rock climbing and finding my way to the top of mountains. Later I discovered bellydance and became very active in that. So when I first developed fibromyalgia my heart was broken. How was I going to move on with my life and do the things I loved to do? Add in a partner who wasn't very supportive and you had a melting pot for failure.

Now, 4 years later I've slowly taken steps to heal myself. I started eating healthier and kicked wheat entirely out of my diet. I discovered photography and learned I didn't have to put limitations on myself, but it still wasn't enough as I was unable to feel like I had the strength and endurance to complete a Canyon while on vacation with my family in Zion National Park for fear of causing a flare up of my fibro.

A couple months ago I finally decided to leave my unsupportive partner and the negativity he carries around with him and make a new life for myself. Lucky for me, my new apartment complex has a hired mercenary on staff and I have been working with him these last couple weeks to learn how to strength train. I've also finally cut all the sweet garbage out of my diet. In just the 2 weeks since I started, my energy is up and my pain levels are down. Overall I can't argue. I am looking forward to more nights at the gym and seeing the progress that I make as well as hanging out in this community.