Forums are back in action! ×

I need to respawn for me.

Steve's email touched such a strong place in my head and heart.  I hold myself to such high ideals that I don't even speak to myself in the same positive tones that I encourage everyone else in. 

This respawn needs to be about me taking care of myself, in all ways. I have broken these down in three catagories.

1.Mental-I suffer from Anxiety and Depression.  I've been on and off meds for most of the last 10 years, they don't really help but I keep trying because that is what the Doctors want to try.  At the suggestion of a friend who is a licensed therapist, I am going to study the book Spontanious Happiness by Andrew Weil. I also am going to spend watch a podcast every day on a topic that I am interested in learning more about and I am going to do something positive every day for myself.

2. Body/Health-I have some health issues all related to my weight.   My Doctor has advised me to take a battery of suppliments until I can get my vitamin levels up to levels I can maintain through diet.  I also lose weight best on on a form of Intermittent Fasting I use that works well for me, and follows my Doctors dietary guidelines.  AM: Coffee w/creamer, fruit only till midmorning.  10a: Fruit and fresh veggies.  Lunch: grains, veggies (cooked or raw), beans and legumes.  2p: (no fruit after 2) nuts and fresh veggies.  Dinner: lean animal protein, veggie, carb.  Exercise:  I am going to start with 15-20 min of cardio a day and work my way up to 30-45 broken into at least two sections and one 15 min session of bodyweight exercises.

3. Goals-

1. to lose 60 lbs

2. follow the 52 week savings plan

3. be able to run a mile without stopping by December 2015

4. be completely off my bp medications by June 2015

5. pay of 10% of my debt in the next year.

Now to actually do it.

• Like 1