Forums are back in action! ×

Ive been trying to get in good shape for a few years already. I wouldnt say im fat or out of shape, as I work out at least 3 times a week and 5 times on average. My BMI is okay (although thats not a reference imo) , but im kind of stuck.

Having a history of eating disorders (which are sometimes still very present), suffering from hypoglycemia and hypotension and being intolerant to cow milk (not lactose!) and wheat, ive had difficulties. I was a vegetarian at first, but I felt I could barely eat a thing anymore if I cut that out as well. So I try to eat poultry or fish from time to time but i cant be arsed to eat red meats (ecological footprint and so on).

Working out goes fine at the moment, although i have difficulties making a good strength routine... I think im a bit of a 'noob' when it comes to that 😜

I tried so many things, but I never seem to get a balanced diet. I don't have time to spend hours in the kitchen (in fact, 15 mins is about it). Ive respawned like a million times, but the game always seems to glitch, bringing me back to the starting point rather than close to the final boss.

Is there anyone who can give me tips?

Thanks a lot

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

100 consecutive push-ups goal

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

It's late here in Texas and I'm tired so I want to make sure I read this correctly. You're working on creating a more balanced diet and a better strength training routine?

Race -- GREY ELF | Class -- Assassin

[ Level 2 ] | STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 4 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

NF Challenges: currently n/a

Battle Logs: WoMD

|"Don't tell me the moon is shining: show me the glint of light on broken glass." - Anton Chekhov|

It's late here in Texas and I'm tired so I want to make sure I read this correctly. You're working on creating a more balanced diet and a better strength training routine?

Yes exactly, while keeping in mind i have a few dietary restrictions (no sugar, no wheat and no dairy products, except from sheep and goats, no red meat) and that I still live with my mum and brother who do eat everything. Also, low blood pressure :( but none of that can hold me back!! :)

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

If you are not willing to look stupid, nothing great is ever going to happen to you!

Have you tried paleo? Seems to be the logical conclusion from what I read... 

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

www.marksdailyapple.com

I've eaten paleo for a couple of months now and I can cook but don't like it so I try to keep it to a minimum. Try using the slow cooker (throw it all in, walk away, come back 8 hours later Bob's your uncle!) Or an Actifry, a steamer, anything you don't have to watch while it's doing its magic and that'll just ping when it's done  :onthego:

Have you tried paleo? Seems to be the logical conclusion from what I read... 

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/10/04/the-beginners-guide-to-the-paleo-diet/

www.marksdailyapple.com

I've eaten paleo for a couple of months now and I can cook but don't like it so I try to keep it to a minimum. Try using the slow cooker (throw it all in, walk away, come back 8 hours later Bob's your uncle!) Or an Actifry, a steamer, anything you don't have to watch while it's doing its magic and that'll just ping when it's done  :onthego:

Hi!

Thanks for the advice, I've thought about the paleo diet myself a few times. The only problem I have with it though is the large amount of meat. Although I do like chicken, turkey and certain kids of fish, I usually can't get more than a few bites of any kind of beef/pork in my mouth. And chicken every day gets super boring! 

I guess every diet has certain modifications though! I'll certainly look into it, thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

Regarding the strength routine which I think sounds like a great idea.

Do you have weights? Do you have a bar or rings? Do you have a gym to go to? Do you have any preferred moves that you'd like to be able to do? How much time do you have to dedicate to working out?

If we know those things I'm sure tehre are lots and lots of people here who can help you out.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Regarding the strength routine which I think sounds like a great idea.

Do you have weights? Do you have a bar or rings? Do you have a gym to go to? Do you have any preferred moves that you'd like to be able to do? How much time do you have to dedicate to working out?

If we know those things I'm sure tehre are lots and lots of people here who can help you out.

Hi! I have a gym I have access to and where I go to +/- 3 days a week atm. After the holidays my exams are over and ill be able to make that 4 timesa, i think. I do have aome standard equipment at home, like a barbell, a few dumbells, an exercise ball, skipping rope and a pull-up bar. So i should be able to use those often!

Id love to do mainly compound exercises, although i don't mind bicep curls for example. Squats are among my favourites, but im always worrieds about proper form (same goes for deadlifts). I hope that's enough information! :)

Thanks!

Losing 10 kilograms

8%
8%

25%
25%

3 times is enough but with 4 you can fit in more variety I guess... :) I'm not a gym going expert, and it sounds like you have everything you could possibly need! There's a form check board here for lifting - people there will be able to help you get it spot on.

Make a thread to post your numbers and plans in- it's a great way to keep track!

Good luck

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!