Forums are back in action! ×

Six months ago I was reading Nerd Fitness every day...

I was keeping track of my calories on MFP, I was doing the Zombies run 5k training before I bought season three so I could actually run more of it, I was feeling awesome. I was doing yoga. My doctor was super happy that I lost ten pounds, and my A1C had dropped two whole points between diet changes and metphormin. Nerd Fitness had actually talked me into doing strength training and it felt GOOD and wasnt hard!

Then I moved into a house with all the exhausting work that entails.

Then I had major dental problems and oral surgery which made me exhausted and limited my food options.

Now the holidays are here and my second job is in retail. 

I have fallen apart in my routines and it's showing everywhere in my life. And I know these are excuses.

I woke up this morning feeling inspired and put my food into MFP. I didn't make great choices but I'm logging it anyway. I strapped on my Soleus Go and told myself today's the day. Then I went to go read Nerd Fitness and it was like a sign. This Starfleet Officer is coming over to the Rebel Alliance. 

• Like 4

Reasons are not the same as excuses - cut yourself some slack.  Major life events have a nasty way of impacting every routine, even the best ones.

Welcome to the Nerd Fitness side! :D

Oy, life happens, you know? you are back on track and that's whats important. The past is water under the bridge, the present and the future is where the good things are.

Welcome back.

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

I can relate to you. I've maintained healthy habits before, but life happened and I've gotten off track. With the holidays it's especially difficult to be healthy when it seems like everyone else is indulging on comfort food and sweets. But we must keep respawning because it'll be to our benefit in the end. 

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment."